• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Feature request - dark mode

KickballDeac

Bernie Eskimo Bro
Reaction score
First, I have no idea what goes into building a website or what's going on behind the scenes with respect to the future of this board. So apologies if this is obviously unfeasible. But we've heard talk of an upcoming migration (don't know if that's the right word) to a new site software that isn't vBulletin. We've also heard that the new site will be optimized for mobile browsing, so Tapatalk is likely to go the way of the dodo. Despite its woes, Tapa does have a dark/night mode that makes mobile reading a much preferred experience, at least for me. Is there any chance we can get a dark mode feature on OGBoards 2.0?

First, I have no idea what goes into building a website or what's going on behind the scenes with respect to the future of this board. So apologies if this is obviously unfeasible. But we've heard talk of an upcoming migration (don't know if that's the right word) to a new site software that isn't vBulletin. We've also heard that the new site will be optimized for mobile browsing, so Tapatalk is likely to go the way of the dodo. Despite its woes, Tapa does have a dark/night mode that makes mobile reading a much preferred experience, at least for me. Is there any chance we can get a dark mode feature on OGBoards 2.0?

Yeah, I'm like 99.9% sure I can set up a dark mode option pretty easily on new software. I'll likely still try to keep the tapa integration too, you may just end up seeing even more ads there than you already do since we won't pay for a reduction there anymore (since they keep raising prices there for not much benefit).

Yeah, I'm like 99.9% sure I can set up a dark mode option pretty easily on new software. I'll likely still try to keep the tapa integration too, you may just end up seeing even more ads there than you already do since we won't pay for a reduction there anymore (since they keep raising prices there for not much benefit).

Will the new software have a native mobile mode? Tapatalk is getting worse and worse with every update.

Will the new software have a native mobile mode? Tapatalk is getting worse and worse with every update.

It should be more responsive, yes... but this is one thing I haven't been able to test extensively yet, so it may be a WIP. I agree that Tapatalk has competely lost the plot.

Back