Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Feature request - dark mode

  1. #1
    Broderick Hicks
    KickballDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Vermont Republic
    Posts
    3,256

    Feature request - dark mode

    First, I have no idea what goes into building a website or what's going on behind the scenes with respect to the future of this board. So apologies if this is obviously unfeasible. But we've heard talk of an upcoming migration (don't know if that's the right word) to a new site software that isn't vBulletin. We've also heard that the new site will be optimized for mobile browsing, so Tapatalk is likely to go the way of the dodo. Despite its woes, Tapa does have a dark/night mode that makes mobile reading a much preferred experience, at least for me. Is there any chance we can get a dark mode feature on OGBoards 2.0?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by KickballDeac View Post
    First, I have no idea what goes into building a website or what's going on behind the scenes with respect to the future of this board. So apologies if this is obviously unfeasible. But we've heard talk of an upcoming migration (don't know if that's the right word) to a new site software that isn't vBulletin. We've also heard that the new site will be optimized for mobile browsing, so Tapatalk is likely to go the way of the dodo. Despite its woes, Tapa does have a dark/night mode that makes mobile reading a much preferred experience, at least for me. Is there any chance we can get a dark mode feature on OGBoards 2.0?
    Yeah, I'm like 99.9% sure I can set up a dark mode option pretty easily on new software. I'll likely still try to keep the tapa integration too, you may just end up seeing even more ads there than you already do since we won't pay for a reduction there anymore (since they keep raising prices there for not much benefit).

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    Yeah, I'm like 99.9% sure I can set up a dark mode option pretty easily on new software. I'll likely still try to keep the tapa integration too, you may just end up seeing even more ads there than you already do since we won't pay for a reduction there anymore (since they keep raising prices there for not much benefit).
    Will the new software have a native mobile mode? Tapatalk is getting worse and worse with every update.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    Will the new software have a native mobile mode? Tapatalk is getting worse and worse with every update.
    It should be more responsive, yes... but this is one thing I haven't been able to test extensively yet, so it may be a WIP. I agree that Tapatalk has competely lost the plot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •