• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jawja Specials

There’s got to be a few Trump voters who are unhappy with how Trump has handled this election. Enough not to show up for the runoff.

Roughly half of the Trump signs and flags in yards are now gone.

I'm surprised at how many Trump signs and flags I see that are still up. Usually that stuff is taken down within a few days of the election. I guess some Trumpites are still hoping for a miracle so they can still own the libs.

Trumpism is an identity.

I'm surprised at how many Trump signs and flags I see that are still up. Usually that stuff is taken down within a few days of the election. I guess some Trumpites are still hoping for a miracle so they can still own the libs.

Some came down in my area, but i saw new ones popping up too. Mostly in yards that already had a few

Went on a hike in northwest VA a week ago, which involved a 1-hour drive on US-17. On that drive, I counted 10 Trumo signs, and 0 Biden signs. This was 10 days after the election.

Went on a hike in northwest VA a week ago, which involved a 1-hour drive on US-17. On that drive, I counted 10 Trumo signs, and 0 Biden signs. This was 10 days after the election.

At this point Trumpism has become less of a political and more of a social and quasi-religious movement. Having Trump signs or flags doesn't just mean you're supporting a candidate, it's as if it's a way to proudly advertise that you're a member of the tribe, so to speak. Or cult.

There’s got to be a few Trump voters who are unhappy with how Trump has handled this election. Enough not to show up for the runoff.

Sure - And there are also a large number of suburban atlanta moms who detest Donald Trump but have no issue pulling the lever for Perdue or Loeffler.

Roughly half of the Trump signs and flags in yards are now gone.

Virtually all of them are gone in rural Rockingham Co., NC. There were, as you'd expect, a ton up before the election.

The Washington Post noting that Democrats don't seem to be bringing their A Game to the Georgia special elections. Especially with respect to messaging about the importance of them to the Senate.

Article link

At this point Trumpism has become less of a political and more of a social and quasi-religious movement. Having Trump signs or flags doesn't just mean you're supporting a candidate, it's as if it's a way to proudly advertise that you're a member of the tribe, so to speak. Or cult.

Quasi? Someone said it the other day but the true always trumpers are god, jesus, and holy donnie. See the adoring looks from those magaT events. The rapture on their faces was incredible.
Its definitely a cult.

Trump and Perdue got almost the same number of votes. Trump got 2,461,837. Perdue got 2,462,617. Large number indeed.

Last edited:
Well, Pence fucked up traffic on the interstate so I didn’t vote for the R candidates before and am certainly not doing so now.

Questions for those onto Georgia elections minutiae.

Perdue has served a full six year term in the Senate. Presumably his term ends when the next congress convenes, which should occur on Jan 3, 2021 unless a later date is set. Assuming that the Jan 3 date holds, is his seat vacant until the election is decided sometime after Jan 5? If not, who is the individual in that seat? Could Perdue fill the seat by appointment until the vote is certified?

Does Kelly Loeffler, because she is appointed to serve until the special election is decided, hold her seat until the special election is certified?

ETA: Could we see a Senate organization flip flop on Jan 21? If both Democrats win the Georgia specials, Pence would hold the 50-50 Senate for the Republicans until Jan 20. Then Harris would break ties the other way.

Last edited:

Several people on here have pointed out since 2016 that the GOP (and right-wing media) spent a long, long time creating this Frankenstein monster, and now that it's alive and loose they can't control it. One curious feature of authoritarian movements is how easily they eat their own. When Fox was no longer conservative enough they moved to other "news networks" that were even more devoted to only showing them the world as they want to see it, no matter how much in conflict with reality that world is. When rabidly right-wing GOP governors and other officials find themselves unable or unwilling to do the bidding of Dear Leader, suddenly they've joined the enemy and are no longer "true" conservatives, in spite of their previous obeisance. Trump owns the GOP body and soul, and yet as we've seen here many Republicans will turn blue in the face denying what is obvious to everyone else.

Back