• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jawja Specials

I just don’t see it happening, unless there is a serious boycott by the MAGA cult, there are too many Republicans that just hated Trump but won’t vote for a democrat senator. See all other races through out the country.

The funniest thing about that is there was barely any difference between Perdue, the R total, and Trump’s voters. Perdue only got a few hundred more votes than Trump.

The simple explanation for why Republicans did well and Trump lost is location, location, location. But if their low information voters want to believe it’s because the politicians sold Trump out, that’s just beautiful. It could help in the midterms. One theory I’ve heard is that the traditional Republican midterm advantage may have been due to having more college educated voters. Now that advantage is for Democrats, Republicans have more low information voters less likely to show up in the midterms. That could be why FL was much closer in 2018 for example.

The funniest thing about that is there was barely any difference between Perdue, the R total, and Trump’s voters. Perdue only got a few hundred more votes than Trump.

The simple explanation for why Republicans did well and Trump lost is location, location, location. But if their low information voters want to believe it’s because the politicians sold Trump out, that’s just beautiful. It could help in the midterms. One theory I’ve heard is that the traditional Republican midterm advantage may have been due to having more college educated voters. Now that advantage is for Democrats, Republicans have more low information voters less likely to show up in the midterms. That could be why FL was much closer in 2018 for example.

You're trying to make sense of the situation. MAGAs don't often make sense.

The best part of that photo is the Wrong Way sign included in it.

Hey look, it's our old friends!

I just don’t see it happening, unless there is a serious boycott by the MAGA cult, there are too many Republicans that just hated Trump but won’t vote for a democrat senator. See all other races through out the country.

Agreed. Given how elections went for Democrats this year (other than the presidential race, of course) I just don't see it happening either, in either GA race. If they win even one race (most likely Warnock) I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm fully expecting the Senate to be 52-48 GOP next year, which means Mitch will continue to call the shots in the upper chamber.

We should stop comparing voters in Georgia to voters in other states and realize that there are different candidates and different dynamics in every state. Some of you are exhibiting very RJ-like tendencies. I think Loeffler and Perdue win, but I think that because the Dems ground game won't be able to match the MAGA post-election anger.

Learn your lesson, Dan Crenshaw. "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Agreed. Given how elections went for Democrats this year (other than the presidential race, of course) I just don't see it happening either, in either GA race. If they win even one race (most likely Warnock) I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm fully expecting the Senate to be 52-48 GOP next year, which means Mitch will continue to call the shots in the upper chamber.

Too many GA folks will likely just reflexively vote R due to enculturated misperceptions. One of which is they like the idea of a Republican controlled senate to “check” a Biden administration.

McConnell remains the most powerful man in America, never being up for election anywhere but Kentucky. Really swell system we have.

Too many GA folks will likely just reflexively vote R due to enculturated misperceptions. One of which is they like the idea of a Republican controlled senate to “check” a Biden administration.

I'm still a bit optimistic, mostly for Warnock. When Trump wasn't on the ballot in 2018, there was a blue wave. Then when he was in 2020, they took back some seats. This runoff election is more like a midterm, and I don't see that non-college educated white part of his base showing up in large numbers. Add to that, Trump's maintaining the election was rigged and his openly warring with GA state officials is not going to drive up Pub turnout. I almost think he wants the Pubs to lose those 2 seats.

I'm still a bit optimistic, mostly for Warnock. When Trump wasn't on the ballot in 2018, there was a blue wave. Then when he was in 2020, they took back some seats. This runoff election is more like a midterm, and I don't see that non-college educated white part of his base showing up in large numbers. Add to that, Trump's maintaining the election was rigged and his openly warring with GA state officials is not going to drive up Pub turnout. I almost think he wants the Pubs to lose those 2 seats.

If Warnock somehow does win (I'm just not optimistic about either of those GA races), then it is very likely that control of the US Senate for the next two years will have come down to Cal Cunningham idiotically deciding to get some strange in CA, and sexting back and forth, just a few months before an election in which he had a healthy lead in the polls. Even though the polls were off, given that Cunningham narrowly lost by under 2%, it's still likely that without that scandal he would have won. Damn that man.

If Warnock somehow does win (I'm just not optimistic about either of those GA races), then it is very likely that control of the US Senate for the next two years will have come down to Cal Cunningham idiotically deciding to get some strange in CA, and sexting back and forth, just a few months before an election in which he had a healthy lead in the polls. Even though the polls were off, given that Cunningham narrowly lost by under 2%, it's still likely that without that scandal he would have won. Damn that man.

Not so sure about that. Trump won NC, and there wasn't much ticket splitting. And remember that Biden was polling a point or so better than Cunningham. Like FL, NC was a state that polled a few points better for Dems than the actual results.

Not so sure about that. Trump won NC, and there wasn't much ticket splitting. And remember that Biden was polling a point or so better than Cunningham. Like FL, NC was a state that polled a few points better for Dems than the actual results.

Biden only lost by 1.3%, and Cunningham lost by less than 100,000 votes out of around 5.4 million cast, so I do think the affair could easily have changed enough votes to give Tillis the victory. They were both very narrow losses.

I will resent Cal Cunningham forever. Fuck that guy. He seemed worthless when he emerged as the candidate and ultimately proved so.

FWIW, I was not defending Cunningham in any way. I was just saying that I think he would have lost anyway, along with Biden.

FWIW, I was not defending Cunningham in any way. I was just saying that I think he would have lost anyway, along with Biden.

Biden got more votes in NC than Thom Tillis did. Given that Roy Cooper had more votes than Trump, Biden, Tillis, or Cunningham, I think it's reasonable to assume that some of the people who voted third party for the Senate seat (around 240K vs around 82K that voted third party for President) could've gone to Cunningham (who lost by just under 100K)

We should stop comparing voters in Georgia to voters in other states and realize that there are different candidates and different dynamics in every state. Some of you are exhibiting very RJ-like tendencies. I think Loeffler and Perdue win, but I think that because the Dems ground game won't be able to match the MAGA post-election anger.

So stop reaching the conclusion you just reached?

Back