• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jawja Specials

It will be interesting to see how quickly the Georgia runoff election votes are counted. Sen. Perdue's seat becomes vacant when the Senate adjourns tomorrow, and remains so until a winner is declared in that election.

I believe Loeffler will continue as a sitting Senator until the special election is decided. She was appointed to fill an unexpired term and serves until the special election is decided.

So, does the Georgia elections staff count slowly, not get a result on the night of Jan 5 and allow Loeffler to be a sitting Senator on Jan 6 with Perdue hanging, his seat vacant? Or do they rush to get winners declared before noon, Jan 6, betting the two Republicans win?

If both D's win, is Pence stuck in the chair of Senate President until Harris resigns her Senate seat?

If the D's win both Georgia seats, January could be an interesting month of reorganizations in the Senate.

Once the presidential election is over this week, I would be surprised if Padilla isn't sworn in to replace Harris.

man, seeing some of the new polls, I'm letting myself get my hopes up

Polls are meaningless, especially in a close election when it all comes down to turnout.

I was reading that the betting markets still have Perdue and Warnock as slight favorites. Do they know something the polls don't? Or maybe they just think Loeffler is batshit crazy and can't imagine her winning.

fuck the bettors. all election night on here and Twitter people were calling it for Trump based on the betting markets.

Perdue and Warnock has always felt like the most likely outcome. I'm guessing there are a lot of old guard republicans who are fine voting for Perdue but would leave the other race blank because they won't vote for Loeffler.

fuck the bettors. all election night on here and Twitter people were calling it for Trump based on the betting markets.

Yeah who was the poster that kept updating the betting markets driven by degenerate trump psychopaths, screamin? I mean you could still get trump to win the election a few days before the electoral college vote at like 15-85. What a fucking dumbass.

Trump -145
Biden +110

Shit meet pants

Not sure it's going to happen. Odds are plummeting.

-170 now for T

No it's not.

Betting sites are way ahead of "live" tv results.

You don't have to believe them. I'm just saying it looks like PA or bust on the betting markets.

NC, OH, all heavy Trump lean. MI was just pulled off the market.

Trump -190 for PA right now

Trump -600

This might be night night

This is over.

Nailed it

Those lines were because Trump people kept throwing money on Trump and they’re still doing it. I posted an article on the election thread about it. You can’t expect betting markets to stop taking free money.

I hate follow Darren Rovell on Twitter and I had to unfollow him on election night. all night he was posting about the betting odds and how networks need to replace the magic wall people with betting analysts.

I didn't mean to start anything posting on the betting markets slightly favoring Perdue and Warnock, whereas the polls have been more consistent about having both Rs or Ds up by similar margins. I agree with Ph's explanation about there being too many blind Trumpites betting on it in November and the markets wanting to take their money. But what is their motivation here with Trump not on the ballot? I can't see a motivation like 2 months ago. That's why I was just surmising that they aren't from GA and just think Loeffler is too batshit crazy to win, but that GA won't want Dems to control the senate. They're pushing a ticket splitting narrative that the polls don't support, unless maybe the results are less than .5%, in which case less than 1% in ticket splitting could make a difference.

RE: Betting:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/b...hile-polls-give-edge-to-democrats-11609425919

"Betting market PredictIt gives Democratic challenger Jon Ossoff a 53% chance of defeating incumbent Republican Sen. David Perdue as of Monday, while in the other Georgia contest, Democratic candidate Rev. Raphael Warnock has a 63% chance of ousting GOP Sen. Kelly Loeffler. PredictIt’s odds had favored Republicans last week. Other sites that enable wagers on politics, such as Smarkets, also give the edge to the Democratic challengers as of Monday."

https://bookies.com/news/senate-races-odds-tracker

The odds for the two US Senate runoff elections in Georgia continued their dramatic shift toward the Democratic challengers overnight as both are now favorites to win against their Republican opponents.

Raphael Warnock is now a -200 favorite to unseat Republican incumbent Kelly Loeffler on Tuesday and Jon Ossoff is -133 to defeat Republican incumbent David Perdue at British bookmaker Ladbrokes.

Warnock, who was installed as the favorite in his race on Saturday at -137, was -167 late Sunday. Loeffler has tumbled from +110 on Saturday to +150. Ossoff moved from +110 on Saturday to -110 late Sunday and then to -133 early Monday. Perdue, who was even at -110 with Ossoff late Sunday, is now +100."

https://www.actionnetwork.com/politics/georgia-senate-election-odds-perdue-loeffler-ossoff-warnock

Georgia Senate Odds: Perdue vs. Ossoff
Candidate Odds Implied Probability
David Perdue (Republican) -110 50%
Jon Ossoff (Democrat) -110 50%
Georgia Senate Odds: Loeffler vs. Warnock
Candidate Odds Implied Probability
Kelly Loeffler (Republican) +125 41.1%
Raphael Warnock (Democrat) -175 58.9%

For those who need a gambling fix, UK may be for you. My friend who lives there say bookie joints will take bets on almost anything including being a sunny/rainy day, politics and whatever your favorite.

Guys, David Perdue is PISSED about the Trump call.

Pissed that the SoS released it.

The head of voting in GA is DESTROYING Trump's lies one by one. He is pissed at Trump, Giuliani, the Overstock guys and others. This makes the GA Tech v. Cumberland 222-0 football look like a nail biter.

Trump and his minions might have a hit on this guy.

The head of voting in GA is DESTROYING Trump's lies one by one. He is pissed at Trump, Giuliani, the Overstock guys and others. This makes the GA Tech v. Cumberland 222-0 football look like a nail biter.

Trump and his minions might have a hit on this guy.

He’s also begging republicans to vote.

Guys, I drove from Florida to Alabama today through south west Georgia, I area of the that state that is quite rural and should be a strong gop area. Based on my survey of political yard signs I think both Dems have a chance to win. Pretty close to 50-50 yard signs in deep red country.

Listening to trump now... I can’t imagine how this is helping either of these candidates.

Even if one of these clowns wins, how any conservative or Republican could be proud of them is a wonder. They're both horrible candidates in every way, even by ever-lower GOP standards. Of course as Trump proves many Republicans will vote for literally anything or anybody to keep Democrats out of office, so no doubt they've still got a great chance to win, in spite of their hapless and inept campaigns, multiple financial and ethical misdeeds, and currying favor with batshit-crazy Qanon types, Klansmen, and every form of rural riffraff in Georgia.

Even if one of these clowns wins, how any conservative or Republican could be proud of them is a wonder. They're both horrible candidates in every way, even by ever-lower GOP standards. Of course as Trump proves many Republicans will vote for literally anything or anybody to keep Democrats out of office, so no doubt they've still got a great chance to win, in spite of their hapless and inept campaigns, multiple financial and ethical misdeeds, and currying favor with batshit-crazy Qanon types, Klansmen, and every form of rural riffraff in Georgia.

These people are the lineal descendants of the "yellow dog" Democrats who were all over the south from 1880's through 1960's.

Back