Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 215

Thread: 2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

  1. #21
    I imagine Jeff Jackson will run. Iím confident heíd do a lot better than Cal Cunningham.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Supposedly Lara Trump (Ericís wife) weighing a NC Senate seat run. Apparently she grew up in Wilmington and went to State. Guess itíll be another Elizabeth Dole situation with her using an address that isnít hers to establish residency.
    damn she went to my high school
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  3. #23
    Rusty Larue
    DeaconSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    11,371
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    damn she went to my high school
    Thatís ok, found out today that Sidney fucking Powell went to mine.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    That's who I was thinking about. He almost certainly will run for the GOP nomination for Burr's Senate seat in 2022. A Meadows/Lara Trump GOP primary would be fun to watch, albeit with the terrible thought that either of them would have a good shot at winning that seat in the general election, especially if the Democrats can't find a strong candidate to run against them.
    Josh Stein is a very likeable guy but he has his eyes firmly set on the Governor's mansion. I wonder if Cooper would run?

  5. #25
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,354
    Jackson for Senate in 2022. Stein for Gov in 2024. Cooper for Senate in 2026.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    I imagine Jeff Jackson will run. Iím confident heíd do a lot better than Cal Cunningham.
    Yep. He's an excellent candidate, even though he will only be 40 in 2022. Hoping that he will run for bigger things as soon as possible.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Jackson_(politician)

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiles View Post
    Yep. He's an excellent candidate, even though he will only be 40 in 2022. Hoping that he will run for bigger things as soon as possible.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Jackson_(politician)
    40? If he were a Republican, heíd be a federal court nominee!

  8. #28
    Roy Cooper is the strongest Democrat in NC. Should absolutely run for Burr's seat.
    Any Questions?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSPumpkins View Post
    Roy Cooper is the strongest Democrat in NC. Should absolutely run for Burr's seat.
    You may well be right, but the big problem with that is if Cooper runs and wins then his successor as NC Governor will be Lt. Governor Robinson, who is not simply a Republican, but a hardcore religious fundamentalist and Trumpite to boot. He's said things that make Dan Forest sound sane. I'd prefer that Cooper wait and run against Tillis in 2026.

  10. #30
    Jeff Jackson considering running for US Senate!

  11. #31
    Friends,

    I'll be posting this on social media soon, but I wanted to tell you first.

    Since the election, Marisa and I have received a lot of encouragement to seriously consider a run for U.S. Senate in 2022.

    Sen. Burr isn't running again and this would be an opportunity to help our state turn the page and raise our expectations for the type of leadership we deserve in the Senate.

    It's important for the state, and the country.

    So hereís what Iím going to do:

    Marisa and I will talk about it with our kids over the holiday.

    Family considerations come first - politics is second.

    We have three kids - Haden (12), Owen (5), and Avery (2) - so meeting my obligation to them as a dad has to come first.

    (Avery is also in the middle of potty training, and folks I can assure you that no one in this family is running for U.S. Senate until that essential task is complete.)

    Marisa and I genuinely appreciate all of the support weíve received in the last few weeks. Weíll update you after our family talks it over.

    In the meantime, if you'd like to send me your thoughts on the matter, feel free to just reply to this email. I'll read them all personally.

    Best,

    Jeff

  12. #32
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,354
    Jeff is that dude. Love that guy.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    You may well be right, but the big problem with that is if Cooper runs and wins then his successor as NC Governor will be Lt. Governor Robinson, who is not simply a Republican, but a hardcore religious fundamentalist and Trumpite to boot. He's said things that make Dan Forest sound sane. I'd prefer that Cooper wait and run against Tillis in 2026.
    North Carolina has a 2 term limit for governor so Cooper can't run again regardless.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    North Carolina has a 2 term limit for governor so Cooper can't run again regardless.
    But if Cooper ran in 2022, wouldn't Robinson become governor from 2022 until the next election in 2024?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Supposedly Lara Trump (Ericís wife) weighing a NC Senate seat run. Apparently she grew up in Wilmington and went to State. Guess itíll be another Elizabeth Dole situation with her using an address that isnít hers to establish residency.
    We State folks were able to pawn John Edwards off on UNC, because he went to Law School there. And would sit in a UNC section at the Football games.

    I am afraid we are stuck with Lara Trump.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    But if Cooper ran in 2022, wouldn't Robinson become governor from 2022 until the next election in 2024?
    If Cooper wants to run he should wait til 2026 to face Tillis

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by CSCPACK1984 View Post
    We State folks were able to pawn John Edwards off on UNC, because he went to Law School there. And would sit in a UNC section at the Football games.

    I am afraid we are stuck with Lara Trump.
    Burr went to Wake but he was shown wearing a UNC mask when his insider trading stuff initially came out so they can have him too

  18. #38
    The Pumpfaker Paul Hogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, New South Wales
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    If Cooper wants to run he should wait til 2026 to face Tillis
    Always wait till you're 69 to run for the US Senate for the first time.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hogan View Post
    Always wait till you're 69 to run for the US Senate for the first time.
    Worked for Romney!

  20. #40
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hogan View Post
    Always wait till you're 69 to run for the US Senate for the first time.
    Nice!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •