• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

Probably but only because this country has little political imagination. I don’t think an expansion would unduly benefit one party or the other whereas one party expanding the Court definitely would advantage one party.

Adding more legislators seems like political suicide because "more government". I see way more facebook posts about Congressional salaries than I feel I should, given that those salaries are a small fraction of federal spending.

Also, there aren't enough physical seats in the chamber! Gotta build biff's floating star wars shit in the rotunda

Do we really need someone to represent a certain number of people or just allow states proportional representation in the House? Do we know if there was any "original intent"?

If it was just a bunch of people in a state then politicians from one part of the state could dominate.

My zip code and the neighboring zip code have just over 107,000 people. It would be great if we had our own rep on Congress. That person could be accessible to the public and people could know them on a first name basis.

Former Chief Justice of the NC Supreme Court Cheri Beasley (D) announces run for Burr's seat. Has never run for office as a legislator and lost last fall to Paul Newby.

Last edited:
There are currently 20 House committees. If every representative served on just one committee, there would be about 170 members on every committee. Obviously the solution would be to expand the number of committees ten-fold, if not twenty-fold.

Former Chief Justice of the NC Supreme Court Cheri Beasley (D) announces run for Burr's seat. Has never run for office as a legislator and lost last fall to Paul Newby.

I hated to see her lose to Newby, she lost by just 412 votes out of 5.4 million cast, and I thought she did well as Chief Justice. I don't doubt that she'd make a good Senator, but I still support Jeff Jackson, as I do think he's got the best shot to win the seat. I'm hoping that Beasley waits and runs for Chief Justice again in 2028.

If it was just a bunch of people in a state then politicians from one part of the state could dominate.

My zip code and the neighboring zip code have just over 107,000 people. It would be great if we had our own rep on Congress. That person could be accessible to the public and people could know them on a first name basis.

That's what state level representation is for.

There are currently 20 House committees. If every representative served on just one committee, there would be about 170 members on every committee. Obviously the solution would be to expand the number of committees ten-fold, if not twenty-fold.

I’m guessing this is a joke but the committees could be broken up. Education committee and Labor committee for example.

That's what state level representation is for.

That gives you a representative in your state not your country.

Sorry Dudes, I am not in the Texas Sixth Congressional District, so I will not be able to turn Texas purple this weekend. But if you want to look at some serious gerrymandering look at the congressional map for the DFW.

I say every person over 18 is automatically in the House so that we can all be represented.

Orlando area reps Val Demings and Stephanie Murphy to run for Senate to challenge Rubio.

Violence or threatening violence is very popular in the GOP.

Back