• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

This makes too much sense and won’t happen. Good short thread.

Cheney's options
https://www.yahoo.com/news/is-liz-cheneys-fight-against-trump-just-getting-started-213304622.html

“This war against Trump is the one that Liz is vowing to win. She’s gonna follow that traitorous charlatan to the gates of Hell if she has to.”

“Even if Cheney cannot deny Trump the nomination, she could still ultimately loosen his hold on the party, this thinking goes, if she persuades enough centrist and white-collar voters to reject him and ensure his defeat in a general election. To save the party, in other words, Cheney might first have to be willing to destroy it.”

i don't see what anyone can do to stop trump.
I had a horrific thought earlier today: a Trump-DeSantis ticket in 2024 (provided that trump isn't in the clink and desantis's ego gets out of the way for him to take the VP nomination). I think that can crank up that base to vote, and don't see any democrat mustering enough national excitement to get more votes.

i don't see what anyone can do to stop trump.
I had a horrific thought earlier today: a Trump-DeSantis ticket in 2024 (provided that trump isn't in the clink and desantis's ego gets out of the way for him to take the VP nomination). I think that can crank up that base to vote, and don't see any democrat mustering enough national excitement to get more votes.

I don't think Trump's ego would allow him to choose DeSantis as his running mate - from what I've read he already loathes the man and sees him as a threat to his control of the party. I doubt he would want to elevate DeSantis even more into the national spotlight and confirm his "successor to Dear Leader" status by making him his Veep pick. He's more likely to choose somebody like Nikki Haley so he can brag that he's "got a woman" on the ticket and so he can claim that he's not anti-immigrant - he's spoken well of her as a possible running mate before.

Completely agree. That's how Republicans think. But Nikki Haley has no constituency to bring to the table.

I heard a good story about DeSantis about his political aspirations. Some insider said that DeSantis reflects on Obama's 2008 run and Rubio's decision not to run in 2012. Obama was 46 when he announced. Rubio was 40 when he didn't. DeSantis would be 44 when it's time to declare for 2024. DeSantis (rightfully) sees himself as the hot young candidate and he doesn't want to blow his shot like Rubio did. He probably also sees Trump like Hillary in 2008 and Romney in 2012 as the opposite of change. Americans don't want to see a rematch.

Last edited:
Stefanik does less for him than Haley. Haley at least has some creditability as a moderate (even if she threw it away for Trump), from what I can see women like her, and she has a record as governor. She's attractive and good on TV as well. They can work with that.

Stefanik is an opportunistic troll who brings nothing to the ticket.

If DeSantis wins in 2022, he runs for president in 2024. If he loses in 2022, his political career is over.

The big new poll in Florida this week has a close race between Crist and Fried for the FL Dem gov nomination.
https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando...-puts-fried-ahead-of-crist-in-governor-s-race

From what I can tell around FL, people are much more excited about trying to take down DeSantis than either candidate. THat poll has DeSantis at about 50-43 vs. either candidate. I think there's room for him to fall if he keeps overplaying his hand with these silly bills and the abortion issue.

I think DeSantis runs in 2024 win or lose this fall. Nothing stains the reps of these charlatans. He is the heir apparent of Trump being excluded from the race.

Losing in Florida would stain DeSantis’ brand. His whole identity is as the dictator of a conservative haven. In-migration to The Villages and such has given Republicans an edge in Florida. If he loses it, he’s done.

The GOP candidate for Florida's 20th House District, Luis Miguel, is permanently suspended from Twitter after he advocates shooting federal agents.

“Under my plan, all Floridians will be able to shoot FBI, IRS, ATF, and all other federal troops on sight,” Miguel tweeted. “Let freedom ring.”

Miguel told Florida Politics Friday the suspension, which is “permanent” per a message he got on his Twitter app, “doesn’t affect (him) at all.” He stands by the proposal, which he says is justified because the IRS has been “weaponized by dissident forces.”

The GOP candidate for Florida's 20th House District, Luis Miguel, is permanently suspended from Twitter after he advocates shooting federal agents.

“Under my plan, all Floridians will be able to shoot FBI, IRS, ATF, and all other federal troops on sight,” Miguel tweeted. “Let freedom ring.”

Miguel told Florida Politics Friday the suspension, which is “permanent” per a message he got on his Twitter app, “doesn’t affect (him) at all.” He stands by the proposal, which he says is justified because the IRS has been “weaponized by dissident forces.”

Where’s the bottom? This is a candidate literally saying that people should be able to shoot federal agents. How much lower do people really want this shit to go?

He probably won't win. But I feel like there should be more consequences than getting banned from Twitter.

Luis Miguel is now voicing what the far right has been thinking for years. They have the weapons and the willingness to use them. The left provides little in the way of opposition. They are basically unarmed and prefer to argue. A useful percentage of police departments are sympathetic or supportive of their right wing beliefs. The reserves and national guards can't be counted on to oppose them due to sympathy and support as well. The biggest obstacle to violent overthrow on a federal and state level are federal and state enforcement agents. Miguel says take them out and declare your intentions. Injecting the US Armed forces is the last option and the Pentagon is adverse to action in country.

How many folks on this forum have the means and willingness to actually fight for your beliefs if the local police didn't do it for you? Do you think your angry words and snide remarks would work?

Last edited:
Luis Miguel is now voicing what the far right has been thinking for years. They have the weapons and the willingness to use them. The left provides little in the way of opposition. They are basically unarmed and prefer to argue. A useful percentage of police departments are sympathetic or supportive of their right wing beliefs. The reserves and national guards can't be counted on to oppose them due to sympathy and support as well. The biggest obstacle to violent overthrow on a federal and state level are federal and state enforcement agents. Miguel says take them out and declare your intentions. Injecting the US Armed forces is the last option and the Pentagon is adverse to action in country.

How many folks on this forum have the means and willingness to actually fight for your beliefs if the local police didn't do it for you? Do you think your angry words and snide remarks would work?

Weird post…are you saying we should go buy guns to fight or what is this

Sounds like he just called Trump a pussy for letting the FBI punk him like that.

Back