• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

She looks like she's auditioning to play The Joker.

Hageman was anti-Trump in 2016. But like many she scrawled back into his good graces.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2021/09/27/hageman-says-she-was-fooled-into-opposing-trump-in-2016/

Sounds like she learned the lesson Cheney ignored - if you want power in the current GOP you've got to publicly adore Dear Leader and convince your base that you'll go to greater lengths than any of your GOP rivals to support him and praise him and blindly follow him, no matter what.

I don’t think Cheney ignored it. She acknowledged it and actively, stubbornly did the opposite. Now she’s considering a 2024 presidential run to keep doing it. It’s basically a troll job at this point. She has no constituency. She couldn’t break 30% even though Democrats could change their party on Election Day.

The margin should end any idea that there is a sizable anti-Trump Republican constituency.

Cheney will probably run to keep hammering Trump. She's smart enough to know she has no base in the GOP anymore and she won't get many votes, but her name will probably attract enough money for her to run for a while. I suspect some in the GOP donor class are not big Trump fans.

She'll be a prime contributor on CNN in 2023 before announcing her run as well.

She'll be a prime contributor on CNN in 2023 before announcing her run as well.

I hope she runs in the GOP Primary and then drops out. Her running an an independent all the way to November could be a disaster.

Yeah Cheney saw the writing on the wall in Wyoming. She was never going to fully bow down to Trump, so she was eventually going to get booted. Because it's fucking Wyoming. In a parallel universe where Cheney betrays her oath and instead supports Trump, even manages to sputter out a lukewarm comment about the election being questionable - it still wouldn't have been enough, daddy Cheney wouldn't have fallen in line, she still gets primaried and then crushed.

I hope she runs in the GOP Primary and then drops out. Her running an an independent all the way to November could be a disaster.

People seem worried about that but I don't. Cheney isn't going to ditch the Republican Party. She's going to force them to ditch her in the ugliest ways possible. She's smart enough to know that an Independent run risks helping Trump.

People seem worried about that but I don't. Cheney isn't going to ditch the Republican Party. She's going to force them to ditch her in the ugliest ways possible. She's smart enough to know that an Independent run risks helping Trump.

She's a Cheney though, so I'll never fully trust her.

She seems like an ideal candidate for WFU's Face to Face speaker series -- just got an email for one coming up next month with George W Bush.

She's a Cheney though, so I'll never fully trust her.

I'll trust her to have some abhorrent views on 99% of the issues, but believe that Trump is bad for the country.

Cheney and pence did one thing right. They kept their oath of office against domestic enemies. That's something to be commended. It's nowhere near enough for their other shitty political and religious bs.

Since her stated goal is to keep Trump out of the Oval Office, I could see her running independent if Trump wins the primary just to split the party vote and cause him to lose.

Or split the anti-Trump vote and cause him to win.

You really think any democrats are voting for a Cheney in a general? She'd be a Republican spoiler, like Ross Perot was for HW Bush

I've learned to never underestimate the pettiness of Democrats.

But I'm worried about the centrist Indepedents. There are not enough "pure" Republicans or Democrats to win alone, so any thing that swings the extremes or middle is key.

"Cheney hates Trump and hates taxes. Good enough for me !"

Basically. She's a pro-democracy vote that's anti-Trump and not the incumbent. That would make her very attractive to enough voters in swing states to be a problem.

I don’t like Trump, but I don’t like the woke Democrats run by AOC

I hate Trump but inflation is out of control. Need an old school conservative like Cheney in there to get things right.

I don’t like Trump or our open borders under Joe.

Right. Now that candidate isn't going to win. That candidate won't even get Perot numbers.

But that candidate could get 2-4% in Wisconsin and contribute to a 48-47 Trump win.

Right. Now that candidate isn't going to win. That candidate won't even get Perot numbers.

But that candidate could get 2-4% in Wisconsin and contribute to a 48-47 Trump win.

Yeah she’d easily get my in-laws’ votes in VA. They’re pretty conservative, but hate Trump and voted for Hillary/Biden. But they’ve basically said all of the things I listed up above. They’d vote for a Bush or Cheney again in a heartbeat.

Back