• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

Two Western PA guys. Interested to see how that will shake out.

this CA recall vote is gonna be tight it seems

Yep, unfortunately so. I read an article recently that talked about how many Democrats and observers in CA have been complaining that Newsom has run a poor campaign. It sounds like a litany of what Democrats do wrong in many elections around the country - there were complaints that he seemed to take the election for granted and didn't take the recall very seriously for much too long, his campaign has been complacent and focused mainly on spending a fortune on commercials and ad buys instead of building up a strong door-to-door, grassroots organization in the state. One person said that even in Democratic strongholds like Oakland he's seen little presence from Newsome supporters or campaign staff. CA Democrats, at least until recently, just didn't seem very energized. He does seem to be in real danger of losing, although perhaps the recent revelations about Elder may hurt the GOP cause, or at least convince more Democrats to turn out and vote.

Herschel Walker running for Senate in GA.

Not sure if that will help or hurt the GA GOP in terms of winning that Senate race. Obviously he's a sports legend there and has Trump's full support, which is certainly a plus, but I've read articles that he makes GA Republicans nervous due to his checkered past, lack of any political experience, and the fact that he's been living in Texas for many years and could easily be portrayed as a carpetbagger. OTOH he is certainly a celebrity rather than a traditional politician, which is want many people seem to want now.

Kinda seems like one of those races where the GOP is like "Hey, we got a black guy, too." Like when Alan Keyes was tapped to run against Obama for Senate. Granted, Walker is a lot more well-known in his state than Keyes was but seems like a lot of people pushing him to run since they know he'll be against Warnock (and likely Abrams running for governor).

Or like when they elected Michael Steele to chair the GOP then dumped him after his success in 2010. Or like they got Herman Cain to run in 2012.

So, we criticize if they don’t run minorities but also when they do?

I criticize them regardless but in those cases I criticized reactionary tokenism. I’d criticize Democrats if they just ran a bunch of cynical rich white guys or Karens too.

Last edited:
She did put two new pop machines in the cafeteria, and got a glitter Bonne Bell dispenser for all the girls' bathrooms. I'd vote for Summer.

Shame to have Fetterman and Kenyatta running against each other. Fuck Conner Lamb though.

Two state wide races next year in PA, and Josh Shapiro has unfortunately cleared the field for the governor's race, leaving everyone else in the Senate race.

Fetterman is currently lapping the field in fundraising, though.

Why isn't Fetterman running for governor?

I'd guess one or both of:

1) Fetterman always wanted the Senate seat, which he ran for in 2016, and now has the national following to make it more possible
2) Shapiro chased off challengers behind the scenes by consolidating backing / fundraising

Why is this Virginia race close? Biden won Virginia by ten points and a half million votes.

Back