• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

Tim Ryan would be about as good a choice as Ohio Dems could have.

For the purposes of getting a slim majority, the priorities should be playing defense in AZ, GA, NV, NH, and CO and going hard after PA, WI, and NC. There needs to be long term investment in building up FL and OH.

I can think of a few Dems I'd like to see run against Rubio in FL. Only Val Demings seems to have the national recognition to pull it off.

Rubio may be primaried by a Trump.

In our January, 2021 vacuum and without knowing what the next year or so will look like, I feel pretty good about defending AZ, GA and NV. Ducey ain't running in AZ, and AZ Pubs are cannibalizing themselves. The McCain faction will vote for Kelly. With both Warnock and Abrams on the ballot, I feel Dem turnout will be strong again in GA. Add to that Kemp probably loses the primary to a Trumpite, so you might pick up some establishment Pub votes. So NV is likely the easiest to lose, but after the last few elections, NV appears to have a 2-3% Dem house effect.

Jeff Jackson announcing he will run for Richard Burr's US Senate seat this morning.

Ohio should be #4 and funded well. Lebron for Senate! Or at least Maverick Carter...

Fetterman is a good candidate in PA. Johnson may dig himself so deeply into a hole over the next two years that a decent Dem could beat him. PLEASE NC candidates, no Tweeting, IG, TikTok or FB for the next two years.

Jeff Jackson is a fantastic candidate.

Nan Whaley is pretty popular too, I'm guessing it will be her or Ryan. But I just don't feel good about any Dem in a statewide election in Ohio not named Sherrod Brown, unfortunately.

Tim Ryan is a blue collar guy. Hopefully, the GOP will pick Jordan to run against Ryan. Cong. Ryan won't play pattycake.

Jeff Jackson is a fantastic candidate.

Yep. That's fantastic news that he's running, imo. If he can get the nomination I think he'll be a strong candidate in the general election, and if he gets elected he'll be a good Senator for the state.

With Jackson, Fetterman and Ryan running, Dems would have a real shot at sweeping those three seats. Hopefully, they can find a good candidate in WI.

If they do, they should call the SC expansion bill- The Mitch McConnell Supreme Court Reconstruction Act.

Mark Meadows will run, too.

He said no back in November

“I love the people of North Carolina. But I not only have no plans, I have no intentions to run for the Senate in 2022,” Meadows said in a phone call.

“I’ve had a number of people talk about running for that seat, if indeed Sen. Burr retires. My conversations have included some of the sitting House members as well as Lara Trump, and, to my knowledge, no one’s made a definitive decision on whether to toss their hat in the ring or not. But in terms of my hat, it won’t be in the ring.”

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article247324379.html

Jeff Jackson announcing he will run for Richard Burr's US Senate seat this morning.

We've been following Jeff on twitter for a while. This is great news.

Back