• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

Nina Turner filling to run for Marcia Fudge's seat.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders expected to announce her run for governor of Arkansas.

lol I’m sure she’ll be receiving the tunnels Democratic endorsement.
Regarding a Nina Turner candidacy, It’s like saying to somebody, ‘You have a bowl of shit in front of you, and all you’ve got to do is eat half of it instead of the whole thing.’ It’s still shit.”

she says she took on the media and cancel culture and she won. what did she win? she resigned.

Rob Portman is not running in 2022. This open seat is likely Republican, but a strong Dem could win like Sherrod Brown has.

Ohio is fucking full of Jim Jordans. He would easily win statewide.

Ohio is fucking full of Jim Jordans. He would easily win statewide.

This. OH has become populism central. I don't see OH as a winnable seat unless the Pub party actually splits in 2. Dems best chances are PA, WI and NC.

Democrats shouldn't give up on OH. It's one of only 5 states Trump won by less than 10%. OH has three large metro areas that went blue (Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus) and other decent sized cities that went blue (Akron, Toledo, Athens, Dayton). Seems like there is or will be potential in those suburbs. Lebron is a high profile Ohioan who is starting to get more active in voter mobilization and he may get even more active after he retires which could be before the 2024 and 2026 cycles. And obviously Democrats won OH as recently as 2008 and 2012.

I'm not saying give up like it's a KY or AK. But the priorities should be PA, WI and NC in terms of funding. If OH Dems field a particularly strong candidate, then yeah, maybe include OH in the discussion, and let's see what the numbers look like a year from now.

I watched PA Democratic Lt Governor John Fetterman yesterday on CBS Sunday morning show. This guy is the real deal and what Dems should not give up on. He is a former mayor of Braddock PA which is a run down steel mill town that he is/was trying to rejuvenate. He is running for Pat Toomy's (R) soon to be vacant seat and I would think he is a shoe in. Good clip that tells you all you need to know.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrat-john-fetterman-looms-tall-in-person-and-in-politics/

Ohio should be #4 and funded well. Lebron for Senate! Or at least Maverick Carter...

Fetterman is a good candidate in PA. Johnson may dig himself so deeply into a hole over the next two years that a decent Dem could beat him. PLEASE NC candidates, no Tweeting, IG, TikTok or FB for the next two years.

I'm not saying give up like it's a KY or AK. But the priorities should be PA, WI and NC in terms of funding. If OH Dems field a particularly strong candidate, then yeah, maybe include OH in the discussion, and let's see what the numbers look like a year from now.

For the purposes of getting a slim majority, the priorities should be playing defense in AZ, GA, NV, NH, and CO and going hard after PA, WI, and NC. There needs to be long term investment in building up FL and OH.

I can think of a few Dems I'd like to see run against Rubio in FL. Only Val Demings seems to have the national recognition to pull it off.

Tim Ryan is running.

Back