Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344 LastLast

Thread: 2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

Way to go, PA. Dr. Oz might be your next senator.

New Jersey resident, Dr. Oz.

Why do these people want to be Senators? Are there perks they get as a Senator they can't buy with their ridiculous amounts of money? Status? Everybody hates politicians. As a (successful?) physician, I can't imagine wanting to go into politics at the national level. If I had time, I think I could find reward in local positions that help my community. I'm not buying these carpet baggers genuinely want to represent the good people of Pennsylvania but maybe I'm too cynical.
    Letís get this done!

Insider trading.

Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    Insider trading.
    Bingo!

Jeff Jackson expected to drop out of the race tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Jeff Jackson expected to drop out of the race tomorrow
    Huh. Iím not following the race that closely but that seems like a surprise

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

There was that Politico article a few months ago about the NC Dem primary that may shed light on this. Perhaps his internal polling shows heís not doing too well and would be better clearing the path for his opponent.

Could be family stuff too. He strikes me as guy who would put family issues over his political aspirations.

I'd guess it's about not wanting to be part of a primary that will cannibalize one of 2 very good candidates. Stepping aside for Beasley and pursuing another office gives the party 2 bites at the apple. I doubt he is on the sidelines long.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    There was that Politico article a few months ago about the NC Dem primary that may shed light on this. Perhaps his internal polling shows heís not doing too well and would be better clearing the path for his opponent.

Could be family stuff too. He strikes me as guy who would put family issues over his political aspirations.
    I'm a big Jackson fan and hate to hear that. I've read that Schumer and other big-name DC Democrats favor Beasley, so I'm sure there's some pressure there. I like Beasley and certainly hope she wins, but the fact that she lost her NC Chief Justice race just last year (albeit by the smallest of margins) gives me pause. Jackson is still very young, so I'm guessing that he'll make another statewide race soon.

Rusty Larue
    Interesting. He didnít mention that when he called and asked for.l money last week.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    Interesting. He didnít mention that when he called and asked for.l money last week.
    well, did you donate?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    I'd guess it's about not wanting to be part of a primary that will cannibalize one of 2 very good candidates. Stepping aside for Beasley and pursuing another office gives the party 2 bites at the apple. I doubt he is on the sidelines long.
    Very surprising. Maybe he found a house district he likes better. I have heard that Cooper is running for Vice President. I assume Stein makes the predictable run for Governor, does that make Jackson your next Attorney General?

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    I only donate to dark money organizations.

This isn't surprising to me. It's been looking like the Democratic operation is lining up behind Beasley for awhile. Erica Smith dropped out and endorsed Beasley a couple of weeks ago.

I don't give Beasley much of a chance of winning next year but we'll see.

Dems in disarray.

Jackson made it official, endorses Beasley