• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

I imagine Jeff Jackson will run. I’m confident he’d do a lot better than Cal Cunningham.

Supposedly Lara Trump (Eric’s wife) weighing a NC Senate seat run. Apparently she grew up in Wilmington and went to State. Guess it’ll be another Elizabeth Dole situation with her using an address that isn’t hers to establish residency.

damn she went to my high school

That's who I was thinking about. He almost certainly will run for the GOP nomination for Burr's Senate seat in 2022. A Meadows/Lara Trump GOP primary would be fun to watch, albeit with the terrible thought that either of them would have a good shot at winning that seat in the general election, especially if the Democrats can't find a strong candidate to run against them.

Josh Stein is a very likeable guy but he has his eyes firmly set on the Governor's mansion. I wonder if Cooper would run?

Jackson for Senate in 2022. Stein for Gov in 2024. Cooper for Senate in 2026.

Roy Cooper is the strongest Democrat in NC. Should absolutely run for Burr's seat.

You may well be right, but the big problem with that is if Cooper runs and wins then his successor as NC Governor will be Lt. Governor Robinson, who is not simply a Republican, but a hardcore religious fundamentalist and Trumpite to boot. He's said things that make Dan Forest sound sane. I'd prefer that Cooper wait and run against Tillis in 2026.

Friends,

I'll be posting this on social media soon, but I wanted to tell you first.

Since the election, Marisa and I have received a lot of encouragement to seriously consider a run for U.S. Senate in 2022.

Sen. Burr isn't running again and this would be an opportunity to help our state turn the page and raise our expectations for the type of leadership we deserve in the Senate.

It's important for the state, and the country.

So here’s what I’m going to do:

Marisa and I will talk about it with our kids over the holiday.

Family considerations come first - politics is second.

We have three kids - Haden (12), Owen (5), and Avery (2) - so meeting my obligation to them as a dad has to come first.

(Avery is also in the middle of potty training, and folks I can assure you that no one in this family is running for U.S. Senate until that essential task is complete.)

Marisa and I genuinely appreciate all of the support we’ve received in the last few weeks. We’ll update you after our family talks it over.

In the meantime, if you'd like to send me your thoughts on the matter, feel free to just reply to this email. I'll read them all personally.

Best,

Jeff

Jeff is that dude. Love that guy.

You may well be right, but the big problem with that is if Cooper runs and wins then his successor as NC Governor will be Lt. Governor Robinson, who is not simply a Republican, but a hardcore religious fundamentalist and Trumpite to boot. He's said things that make Dan Forest sound sane. I'd prefer that Cooper wait and run against Tillis in 2026.
North Carolina has a 2 term limit for governor so Cooper can't run again regardless.

North Carolina has a 2 term limit for governor so Cooper can't run again regardless.

But if Cooper ran in 2022, wouldn't Robinson become governor from 2022 until the next election in 2024?

Supposedly Lara Trump (Eric’s wife) weighing a NC Senate seat run. Apparently she grew up in Wilmington and went to State. Guess it’ll be another Elizabeth Dole situation with her using an address that isn’t hers to establish residency.

We State folks were able to pawn John Edwards off on UNC, because he went to Law School there. And would sit in a UNC section at the Football games.

I am afraid we are stuck with Lara Trump.

We State folks were able to pawn John Edwards off on UNC, because he went to Law School there. And would sit in a UNC section at the Football games.

I am afraid we are stuck with Lara Trump.

Burr went to Wake but he was shown wearing a UNC mask when his insider trading stuff initially came out so they can have him too

Back