• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

That nice and all, but we've seen many good viral ads from veterans running on their service as a Democrat against a long-time Republicans. It doesn't work.

That nice and all, but we've seen many good viral ads from veterans running on their service as a Democrat against a long-time Republicans. It doesn't work.

That add is too long, but think about breaking it up into segments. Like, take the first 55 seconds and slap a "I'm Brian Bengs and I'm running for US Sate against the career Washington insider, John Thune, whose done noting for South Dakotans over his 40 year career. I approve this message."

The candidates who run these “hell of an ad” always lose to people who have ads where they shoot woke Nancy Pelosi

The candidates who run these “hell of an ad” always lose to people who have ads where they shoot woke Nancy Pelosi

Yes. Not to get on my normal soap box, but liberals (and leftists) really overestimate their ability to bridge partisanship with clever or sincere sounding messaging. Reasonable people have a difficult time comprehending that the cultural/indententarian circumstances that drive political choices are deeply rooted and irrrational. It’s far more effective to discourage your opponents from voting than it is to flip voters.

Last edited:
Thune won with 71.8% of the vote in 2016 so that's a lot of voters to discourage.

I don't take any issue with the ad or the effort. It's part of a long game. Run reasonable decent people in states who won't vote them. That's great. It's just not something to get excited about for November.

As I've said before, Democrats need to figure out how to get the most out of red state Democrats. There's a lot of talent wasted simply because they don't live in a place where they can get elected.

1. Shouldn't have said NATO
2. Don't talk about the wealthy paying their fair share in taxes. Say the wealthy are using their money to cheat the system.

No surprise, but CNN has already projected that Liz Cheney has lost her primary race to Harriet Hageman. Hageman is on record as saying that "One of the things, I think, we need to do is make the federal government largely irrelevant to our everyday lives", and she has been an active and vocal opponent of things like federal protection of grey wolves under the Endangered Species Act and federal efforts at national forest conservation. She is a lawyer for a group called the "New Civil Liberties Alliance" which opposes environmental regulations, taxes, and campaign finance restrictions. Sounds like a real winner.

To be fair, Cheney herself is just as hard-right, she just happens to dislike Trump and sees him for what he is. And she's being punished for that tonight by being kicked out of the cult.

Last edited:
There aren’t going to be any pro-democracy Republicans left before long.

There aren’t going to be any pro-democracy Republicans left before long.

Did you see someone accused Crenshaw of being the new McCain, and I had to take a moment to realize they meant that as an insult. Tell ya man, its amazing the Republican party these days. While the Dems have attempted to shift left over the past 20 years, the Republicans have gone hard right like way way hard right and slapped a Trump or Die bumper sticker on the car.

The Republican Party isn't a party anymore. It's more similar to one of the mob families and Donald Trump is the boss. I'm surprised the majority of Republicans haven't turned on Reagan and Lincoln yet. I'm amazed at how they are trashing McCain now that he's gone.

Trump’s already killed 2 of the 5 families. The Bushes and Cheneys. Will he do the same to DeSantis?

Who could the other three families be? The Romneys? They already have Ronna on the inside.

Last edited:
Here's Cheney's WY replacement in the House. Sounds sane.

I think The Romney's are about dead as well. Mitt's ceiling is as Utah's Senator and even he could be primaried if he criticizes the boss too much. He will never win the GOP nomination for president again

Here's Cheney's WY replacement in the House. Sounds sane.

She looks like she's auditioning to play The Joker.

Hageman was anti-Trump in 2016. But like many she scrawled back into his good graces.

“The fact is, I heard and believed the lies the Democrats and Liz Cheney’s friends in the media were telling at the time, but that is ancient history as I quickly realized their allegations against President Trump were untrue. They lied about him before he was elected and continue to lie about him to this day.”

The New York Times article, written by Reid J. Epstein, described Hageman’s condemnation of Trump as “somebody who is racist and xenophobic.”
The article called Hageman’s current support for Trump “one of the most striking illustrations yet of the political elasticity demonstrated both by ambitious Republicans in the Trump era and by the former president himself…”
But Hageman said support for Trump was common among Republicans who took a closer look at him during the 2016 GOP Convention.
https://cowboystatedaily.com/2021/09/27/hageman-says-she-was-fooled-into-opposing-trump-in-2016/

Back