• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Bullshit

For the record, I'd vote Kasich over Milano. Definitely Milano over Trump though.

Pick your own characters, but my point remains: my family members and friends who ended up sucking it up and voting for Trump (I do not know a *single* person in my life who is an actual Trump fan (I know they are out there, see my original post)) are just as opposed to racism and bigotry as you are.

No they aren't. If they were just as opposed to racism and bigotry they would not have voted for a racist and bigot who champions racism and bigotry.

No they aren't. If they were just as opposed to racism and bigotry they would not have voted for a racist and bigot who champions racism and bigotry.

Yeah that is just a ridiculous statement.

Not being able to institutionally discriminate against the gays and queers...having to provide insurance that cover birth control...etc.

For the record, my comparison of Cheney was for Hillary. Should have emphasized that a second time. I also was going to throw McCain/Romney out as a comp for Biden.

Point still stands

I still think a 2000 John McCain would’ve made a great president.

Said this in another thread, but a McCain-Bradley 2000 race would have been such a positive thing for this country. Two tremendous men, both with strong experience and great respect for the government and the people. And the party leadership on both sides had to fuck it up.

This isn't a bad post all in all. But if you think the bold is true, you should definitely watch the ChrisL/Townie or MDsquared/PH interactions. There are no credible pubs to argue with on here anymore, so we've been in eat our own mode for a while.

And nobody hates anything like DeacMan hates math.

And Hillary.

WyomingDeac still doesn’t understand that the positions of the extreme left are not batshit crazy and are working for many countries that we count as staunch allies in the free world, but the positions of the extreme right are completely nuts and are in practice only among countries we view as threats/dangerous/not free.

Not being able to institutionally discriminate against the gays and queers...having to provide insurance that cover birth control...etc.

Don't forget white Jesus is very upset about the WAR on his birthday!

Lol—yep, sadly.

jesus_facepalm.jpg

USA Today has an article out about Trump conservatives leaving facebook and twitter for Parler, WeMe, and other even more extreme right-wing social media sites. The quotes from some Trumpites about why they're moving is both revealing and amusing.

Regarding Facebook & Twitter doing fact-checks: "Constantly jumping in and correcting things for the record and feeling like it’s one way feels inappropriate to me," said Trent Read of the Salt Lake City area, who said he plans to shift from Twitter and Facebook to Parler. "If I can be a small part of sending a message to them to tell them to stay out of my business, that would be a positive thing...Hyperbole is where he [Trump] lives and plays...It feels like they don’t believe we have the intelligence to filter through hyperbole and figure out truth from error." Really? You think, Trent?

A public group promoting a "mass exit" off of Facebook on Nov. 13 had attracted more than 451,000 people who said they're "going" or "interested" as of Tuesday afternoon.

"The point of this movement is to get off of these censored social media pages," the group's organizer posted Monday. "I encourage everyone to go on any social media site that will not censor you. No more 'fact checkers' or people deleting or putting us in time out." Yes, god forbid facebook fact-check our posts and delete or censor the ones that are shown to be utter bullshit. Can't have that!

But remember, these people are persuadable!

WyomingDeac still doesn’t understand that the positions of the extreme left are not batshit crazy and are working for many countries that we count as staunch allies in the free world, but the positions of the extreme right are completely nuts and are in practice only among countries we view as threats/dangerous/not free.

And the not extreme conservative positions have led to the screwed up economy and political atmosphere we have today.

Money used to be a way to exchange goods and services. Now people make money who have no skills, goods, services, etc aside from being able to make money. And labor is undervalued in this economy.

Politics used to be a way to figure out how to govern based on exchanging ideas, building coalitions, and supporting people with the best ideas. Now politicians win by simply being good at politics.

Both trends can be traced to Republican policies and practices.

It's kind of curious that your two examples for "celebrity caricatures that it would be RIDICULOUS to vote for even if you agreed with all of their policies" are both women, and one is a woman of color. Like it would be a total nutjob idea to vote them into office. There are plenty of politically active male celebrities you could have chosen.

Man, I really hope you're joking. I shouldn't have to defend myself for not being sexist (I assume you only do that for me, a right-leaner, right?) but...Klobuchar was my favorite during the primaries and I was cheering for her. Though I know very little about her policies and don't like any allegiance she may have with Trump, I would be thrilled to have Nikki Haley, a woman of color represent the Republicans in four years. What happened to giving someone the benefit of the doubt? Plenty of people on the internet don't deserve it, but hopefully a Deacon brother who's civilly engaging on a message board should.

Milano and Cardi were simply the first two politically active celebrities I thought of.

In 2016, I was so disillusioned with Trump, I pretty much said to the Democrats, "Here I am! Take me! I'm yours!" You know what I seemed to get in response? Similar objections that BeachBum gave me: You're a racist, sexist, bigot, homophobic, and we don't want white males...all for saying nothing of the sort, just like I said nothing of the sort to BeachBum.

If Democrats are scratching their heads at why 70m people voted for Trump, sure, some are legit racists...But a lot of people are just like me who have felt like there's no place for us in the Dem party. It's been a huge missed opportunity by the Democrats to leave out the millions of us they could have had... (See again, "How to Win Friends and Influence People)

Bill Maher and Obama sum up my thoughts perfectly here. I would probably associate as a Democrat if it wasn't for this type of attitude from the Left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgrZAPUvKyA

Tough game today, fam...still stings!

Do Republicans even bother to scratch their heads why 80M people voted for Biden?

Biden is nearing a 4% and 6M popular vote win. Yet Democrats are supposed to be doing the soul searching about how to expand the party.

Do Republicans even bother to scratch their heads why 80M people voted for Biden?

Biden is nearing a 4% and 6M popular vote win. Yet Democrats are supposed to be doing the soul searching about how to expand the party.

Yeah we do, in fact we've done a lot more than scratch our heads...RVAT and Lincoln Party formed groups that went way beyond scratching their heads...and a lot of us conservatives straight up voted for Biden. Hard to imagine that much activation among liberals if the roles were reversed and yall had a nutjob in the White House.

Do you not think my post above is valid? Do you really believe liberals don't need to change and look in the mirror, too? Wouldn't you rather open your arms to people like me rather than leaving us politically homeless?

Back