• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Bullshit

I read your post wrong. My apologies.

I misread too. Something about the "less than 80%" formulation confused me.

Slightly clearer in the article: "fewer than 80 percent of those who voted for Sanders, an independent, in the Democratic primary did the same for Clinton when she faced off against Trump a few months later."

They should just say "more than 20% of S voters didn't vote for C"

"Extreme" leftists want to guarantee health care for all citizens and raise tax levels to align with most other first world nations.
The "extreme" right wing want to lock children in cages, empower white supremacy and allow billionaires to pay nothing in taxes.

But yeah they're the same thing. Fuck this moderate Republican revisionism. The reason this country is a broken mess if because you allowed personal greed and xenophobia to consume your party. You created Trump.

Wow. Just wow. *I* created Trump? The guy who has been appalled by him since the primaries of 2015, desperate for any other candidate to win, and never voted for him?

So on this thread, where I have, at least attempted, to show common ground (agreeing that Trump is terrible, agreeing that there are serious, systemic issues in the Trump/Republican culture, voted for Biden, etc) i've been called a sexist, to shut the F up, that my family and friends are racists and bigots, and now: "I created Trump."

You guys. Get a grip. I'm sure yalls rhetoric is exaggerated with some keyboard confidence, but give me a break. If *my* worldview (wanting normalcy, moderation, common sense, both in policy and in rhetoric) freaks yall out, then, yes...you all do need to get out of your echo chamber.

Remember, if we were in real life, we'd probably be laughing over a beer together, tailgating at Groves before we watch our beloved Deacs play. Don't forget that.

We’re talking politics, not tailgating and talking football.

And the point is, you aren’t going to find much moderation and common sense (and a lot of other desirable things) in the governing of Republicans. What you’ll mostly find is a lot of dishonest, destructive reactionary BS.

So I hope you’ll wake up and quit voting for them. I know this is possible.

Cheers.

Wow. Just wow. *I* created Trump? The guy who has been appalled by him since the primaries of 2015, desperate for any other candidate to win, and never voted for him?

So on this thread, where I have, at least attempted, to show common ground (agreeing that Trump is terrible, agreeing that there are serious, systemic issues in the Trump/Republican culture, voted for Biden, etc) i've been called a sexist, to shut the F up, that my family and friends are racists and bigots, and now: "I created Trump."

You guys. Get a grip. I'm sure yalls rhetoric is exaggerated with some keyboard confidence, but give me a break. If *my* worldview (wanting normalcy, moderation, common sense, both in policy and in rhetoric) freaks yall out, then, yes...you all do need to get out of your echo chamber.

Remember, if we were in real life, we'd probably be laughing over a beer together, tailgating at Groves before we watch our beloved Deacs play. Don't forget that.

I was just busting your balls when I said get the fuck out of here with that shit. not literal, but you know, ball busting. it's a way of talking, not an instruction to leave

but I strongly to quite strongly disagree with you, sir

So is he saying that because "the left" doesn't like how the European genocide of Native American is glossed over by history and the mythos around Thanksgiving, "the left" hates being thankful, too?

Christmas season keeps getting earlier. I guess the war starts earlier too.

The right keeps trying, far too successfully, to paint the left as angry. Its no different from men (often white) painting strong women as bitches or the like. Anything to further their narrative scaring the base to get out and support the gop.

The right keeps trying, far too successfully, to paint the left as angry. Its no different from men (often white) painting strong women as bitches or the like. Anything to further their narrative scaring the base to get out and support the gop.

It's become more and more obvious to me over the last four years that they are masters of projection. Whatever they're doing themselves they just blame on Democrats. If a Republican claims that a Democrat is doing something, you can be damned sure that they're thinking of doing the same, are in the process of doing it, or have already done it.

And then rightful angry over corruption and fraud just fuels the angry Dems talk.

Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday until I learned from Charlie Kirk that it’s a religious holiday. Now I must mock it.

Always thought Thanksgiving religion was food and football. Pray away man.

For the record, we - as Americans - are debating the legitimacy of a very clear election outcome. And some (including the President) are trying to overturn that outcome.

How far we have fallen.

For the record, we - as Americans - are debating the legitimacy of a very clear election outcome. And some (including the President) are trying to overturn that outcome.

How far we have fallen.

Some? 70m+ watched the last four years and said "yup! I'm all in." Or they said "eh... I'll look the other way... <for some... random... ?... reason> I'm ok with this."

Back