• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs at Duke - Cancelled/Postponed Due to COVID

All I know is that I won’t be drinking bourbon for this noon kickoff like last week

Sounds like they are dropping like flies on the Wake depth chart. Same story every year, attrition and then the end of season collapse. Greer now out for the season. We will be lucky to win Saturday.

Hell no, we should roll Duke no matter who suits up. They are awful.

Sounds like they are dropping like flies on the Wake depth chart. Same story every year, attrition and then the end of season collapse. Greer now out for the season. We will be lucky to win Saturday.

Wasn't Greer the one who had the Pick 6 on Daniel Jones 2 years back?

That sucks. Hate it for the players and coaches. Duke is dodging a bullet because I'm sure there's a ton of pent-up frustration after Saturday. Hope everybody recovers quickly.

Well, I hate it terribly, but I’m glad we’ve been given the same courtesy that that Notre Dame and Miami were given.

So an outright cancellation? Why not play it December 19? Our stupid hard schedule just got even more difficult.

there's some Twitter chatter that Duke wouldn't want to do it 12/19 since it would mean 2 extra weeks of practice when they could be home earlier and are prob ready to end the season

Wasn’t Earls the bar in W-S that crammed WF kids inside for drinks several weekends in a row?

TBH at that point do we really want/need to play another game either? We should just shut it down and get everyone home for the holidays. I’m not even sure a shitty bowl game is worth it.

To add: i wonder if the football stuff is related to whatever wiped out the soccer team and basically ruined their season.

there's some Twitter chatter that Duke wouldn't want to do it 12/19 since it would mean 2 extra weeks of practice when they could be home earlier and are prob ready to end the season

Is it up to them? Seems like it’s more about fulfilling the TV contracts.

TBH at that point do we really want/need to play another game either? We should just shut it down and get everyone home for the holidays. I’m not even sure a shitty bowl game is worth it.

I tend to agree. I love football season and up until about 21 minutes left in the UNC game, this really looked like it could be a really good, if not special season. However, you've got to think what's the motivation for going forward? It's evident there will be little to no fans for the rest of the season. Yeah, we may get in a bowl game, but I'd say the likelihood of even having most of the non-major bowl game is getting slimmer and slimmer. Rescheduling a game that late in December takes time away the guys could be spending with their families for Christmas. Guys like Boogie have to worry about being healthy for the draft. Really what is the point of playing maybe 4 more games given the circumstances?

Wasn’t Earls the bar in W-S that crammed WF kids inside for drinks several weekends in a row?

Correct. My niece is at MSD and she tells me Earl's has been a hotbed of WFU covid activity this fall. Showed me pix of students crammed in, etc.

Is it up to them? Seems like it’s more about fulfilling the TV contracts.

who the fuck knows. just seems like all decisions have come down to Wake accepting what other teams want to do. maybe not actually the case, but sure seems that way.

Back