• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs at Duke - Cancelled/Postponed Due to COVID

Correct. My niece is at MSD and she tells me Earl's has been a hotbed of WFU covid activity this fall. Showed me pix of students crammed in, etc.

They do have great drink prices and damn good live music. Hard to blame them

I tend to agree. I love football season and up until about 21 minutes left in the UNC game, this really looked like it could be a really good, if not special season. However, you've got to think what's the motivation for going forward? It's evident there will be little to no fans for the rest of the season. Yeah, we may get in a bowl game, but I'd say the likelihood of even having most of the non-major bowl game is getting slimmer and slimmer. Rescheduling a game that late in December takes time away the guys could be spending with their families for Christmas. Guys like Boogie have to worry about being healthy for the draft. Really what is the point of playing maybe 4 more games given the circumstances?

Unfortunately, this is also how I feel. That game Saturday broke me.

Bad week for Deacs and COVID. COVID caused Bill Haas to withdraw yesterday from the PGA event in Sea Island, GA.

I tend to agree. I love football season and up until about 21 minutes left in the UNC game, this really looked like it could be a really good, if not special season. However, you've got to think what's the motivation for going forward? It's evident there will be little to no fans for the rest of the season. Yeah, we may get in a bowl game, but I'd say the likelihood of even having most of the non-major bowl game is getting slimmer and slimmer. Rescheduling a game that late in December takes time away the guys could be spending with their families for Christmas. Guys like Boogie have to worry about being healthy for the draft. Really what is the point of playing maybe 4 more games given the circumstances?

Every time we make some shitty bowl in bumfuck Arkansas, this board says how it’s really a good thing since it means extra practice time.

Every time we make some shitty bowl in bumfuck Arkansas, this board says how it’s really a good thing since it means extra practice time.

Normally that is true. The extra practice, the revenue, and most importantly the players want and enjoy the experience.

In a normal year, extra practice (even for a shitty game in Arkansas) would be a good thing. In this crazy year, just send the boys home.

Yeah I don't get this perspective. Bowls are good and have been few and far between in Wake's history. We aren't above them. The players like them, they're good for recruiting, and the extra practice time does create momentum for the next year. Not to mention it's something good for the fans and probably helps with fundraising.

Yeah I don't get this perspective. Bowls are good and have been few and far between in Wake's history. We aren't above them. The players like them, they're good for recruiting, and the extra practice time does create momentum for the next year. Not to mention it's something good for the fans and probably helps with fundraising.

Fortunately not nearly as much they used to be. In my history as a Wake Fan, the first bowl game I was alive for was the 79 Tangerine bowl and I had to wait until the 1992 Independence bowl for the next and then 7 years for the 1999 Aloha Bowl. Since 2002 we've been to 9 bowl games.

I mean we've had one not so great destination this century when it comes to bowl games. I would consider the Birmingham Bowl as the only one that was "bumfuck Arkansas." Other than that I've enjoyed all the other destinations.

I hoping for the Bahamas Bowl sometime in the near future myself, but I think we'd have to drop down to the Sunbelt or MAC or something to qualify for that one.

Fortunately not nearly as much they used to be. In my history as a Wake Fan, the first bowl game I was alive for was the 79 Tangerine bowl and I had to wait until the 1992 Independence bowl for the next and then 7 years for the 1999 Aloha Bowl. Since 2002 we've been to 9 bowl games.

I love it when we make a bowl game. I don't care where it is. I always enjoy following the bowl predictions on ESPN and CBS Sports to see where we could end up, even though they are rarely correct. And its great to have a Wake football game to watch during the holidays. Plus we have a pretty good record in bowl games.

I attended the Tangerine Bowl! Was do excited to finally go to a Bowl

I love it when we make a bowl game. I don't care where it is. I always enjoy following the bowl predictions on ESPN and CBS Sports to see where we could end up, even though they are rarely correct. And its great to have a Wake football game to watch during the holidays. Plus we have a pretty good record in bowl games.

In addition to this, bowl games are extremely important for the extra practices they get the team. Twenty practices in the fall after the end of the regular season are YUUUUUGE for a developmental program like Wake. Some can be focused on the really young guys, to see what will be available for the following season. Twenty is a lot of practices to get ready for a game.

Back