• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs at Duke - Cancelled/Postponed Due to COVID

Several bowl games in the same stadium to streamline protocols in the Covid era is a way to proceed. Hope WF makes any bowl!

went to the tangerine bowl in 6th grade. we went to disney too.

Correct. My niece is at MSD and she tells me Earl's has been a hotbed of WFU covid activity this fall. Showed me pix of students crammed in, etc.

My bro and his GF visited a few weeks ago and we went to Earls for dinner. It was sort of slow and we almost decided to sit inside, but at last second I got #nervous and asked them to turn on a heat lamp and we ate on the porch. Towards the end of dinner a bouncer posted up at the door, the place soon started filling up with maskless youths, and I was very happy with our decision.

Last edited:
Going to bowl games means at least you're in the range of middle of the conference. It's an important step to raising the profile of your program

Pilch, you plan on changing the thread title?

Correct. My niece is at MSD and she tells me Earl's has been a hotbed of WFU covid activity this fall. Showed me pix of students crammed in, etc.

These kids are dumb shits for hanging out at Earl's. How did they ever get in school?

Going to bowl games means at least you're in the range of middle of the conference. It's an important step to raising the profile of your program

This is it. We need a long streak of bowls just to make up for our really bad football history. And right now we are building a streak and I want a bowl every year, and never grasp why any Deac fan wouldn't. In fact now with so many bowls it's a bare minimum expectation.

Also, I like how the annual board discussion of past bowl games is always mildly interesting in how it reveals the general age of posters.

These kids are dumb shits for hanging out at Earl's. How did they ever get in school?

The dumbies are the bar owners first and foremost, next the police for not enforcing the Covid mandates and third the elected leadership all the way to DC for not unifying the nation around a common set of mandates. The police don't want to enforce the governor's mandates because they don't want the heat for doing the dirty work and because they don't necessarily agree with the correctness of the mandates. Yet, we expect the under 25s to be smarter. Funny.

I think in hindsight the ACC was too ambitious with an eleven game schedule. An 8 game ACC only season, 6 against the division and 2 crossovers as is the normal ACC schedule would've allowed a lot more room to move and reschedule games. Of course that would've meant not allowing Notre Dame to be a conference member this year, which I think the league should not have done unless ND committed to being a permanent football member.

Check your privilege.

Being out of country doesn't necessarily mean being on a pleasure vacation. There are still some remote and messy parts of this planet. I was in one of them. There was no TV of any kind.

I think in hindsight the ACC was too ambitious with an eleven game schedule. An 8 game ACC only season, 6 against the division and 2 crossovers as is the normal ACC schedule would've allowed a lot more room to move and reschedule games. Of course that would've meant not allowing Notre Dame to be a conference member this year, which I think the league should not have done unless ND committed to being a permanent football member.

agreed - 10 conference games is overkill, and the commitment to a non-conference game was dumb. It felt to me that the ACC originally scheduled one non-con to preserve the ACC-SEC rivalry games; then when the SEC bailed, the ACC didn't want to appear to change their minds just because of the SEC's decision. So we get Liberty steamrolling two ACC teams, and limited flexibility, as a reward.

The dumbies are the bar owners first and foremost, next the police for not enforcing the Covid mandates and third the elected leadership all the way to DC for not unifying the nation around a common set of mandates. The police don't want to enforce the governor's mandates because they don't want the heat for doing the dirty work and because they don't necessarily agree with the correctness of the mandates. Yet, we expect the under 25s to be smarter. Funny.

Very true. Plus kids smart enough to get into Wake but not smart enough or disciplined enough to take precaution 1. But in their defense, and without trying to make a political statement, when senior government leadership fails to promote basic precautions, i guess we can't be surprised college kids don't either.

Last edited:
Back