• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a family of 3, with our baby/young toddler now eating pretty much everything we eat, we are spending about $250 a week on food. I'd say $100 Mon-Fri and then $150 on the weekends.

So I'm at $1,000 a month which seems a little high for just 2 and 1/2 of us.

Also, lets base this on non quarantine life, as I assume folks are cooking, saving money and not spending as much as they would during a normal year.

if you're counting money spent on alcohol when you go out to nice dinners, I probably average around $500 per month in non-Covid times for just me

if I'm just doing groceries, no going out for lunch or dinner, I would probably cut that in half

As a family of 3, with our baby/young toddler now eating pretty much everything we eat, we are spending about $250 a week on food. I'd say $100 Mon-Fri and then $150 on the weekends.

So I'm at $1,000 a month which seems a little high for just 2 and 1/2 of us.

We're about the same, maybe a little less - family of 4 (kids are 5, 3.5). The kids get lunch and snack at school 5 days per week.

We generally plan to make 5 dinners per week at home and get take out the rest of the week. We make some meals to have leftovers and buy some lunch stuff (salads, sandwich stuff) to add variety.

Alcohol is probably $100-150 a month or so, on average.

Non-Covid is very different as we had a weekly date night, so we were going out at least once a week on a date, usually dining in as a family once per week, and making post-hike brewery stops on the weekend. My wife quit her job to start a business this year so any money saved by not having weekly date nights is offset by the reduced income as she's building her business.

Last edited:
We're about the same, maybe a little less - family of 4 (kids are 5, 3.5). The kids get lunch and snack at school 5 days per week.

We generally plan to make 5 dinners per week at home and get take out the rest of the week. We make some meals to have leftovers and buy some lunch stuff (salads, sandwich stuff) to add variety.

MY leftover game is strong but wife won't eat anything after the first time. Kind of grinds my gears. It just leads to me eating way too much so we don't waste food.

if you're counting money spent on alcohol when you go out to nice dinners, I probably average around $500 per month in non-Covid times for just me

if I'm just doing groceries, no going out for lunch or dinner, I would probably cut that in half

This is about where I was at before I decided to ruin the gravy train single life.

We spend anywhere between $150 and $250 on groceries per week with a similar family of 3, and then about $150-$200 a weekend on takeout. So anywhere from $1200-1800 on food a month? Plus probably a $2-300 a month on booze. It's a lot.

We spend anywhere between $150 and $250 on groceries per week with a similar family of 3, and then about $150-$200 a weekend on takeout. So anywhere from $1200-1800 on food a month? Plus probably a $2-300 a month on booze. It's a lot.

You're in Philly, right? Or DC? Sorry, I can't keep up where everyone lives. I imagine there's a slight increase in takeout cost than in Winston-Salem, but still, that's a decent bit.

Family of 5, probably around $300 a week on groceries, $200/week takeout/delivery, $75-100/week alcohol, so $2300 - 2400 a month all in, I guess. Damn. Why are we doing this?

Speaking of weed...You guys following the mushroom game? Those stocks have taken off due to the decreased regulations in some states. Also, there are some prominent investors saying the shroom stocks will take off like the weed stocks did in 2017-2018. Worth keeping an eye on.

I always kinda wondered how much other people spend on food. I'm a single 24 year old that's terrible at cooking and I spend $400-500 a month on food without including alcohol.

How much, on average, do you guys spend on food weekly. Also, please note if you are single, married, married with kids and how many. I'm trying to get my cost per day down and would be interested in hearing how much everyone spends. Again, this is on average. You may go out for a dinner with a $500 tab at times, then eat ramen outta bag the rest of the week.

I have no idea, but it's a lot.

Family of 5, probably around $300 a week on groceries, $200/week takeout/delivery, $75-100/week alcohol, so $2300 - 2400 a month all in, I guess. Damn. Why are we doing this?

Just curious because it's an area where we are trying to cut back. Well, we are trying to cut everything back but food seems to be something we blow through money on. I probably didn't factor in my alcohol on my original post, so I'm closer to $1,250 a month.

Family of 4 (kids of 5.5 and almost 4), weekly grocery bill of about $250, which includes non essentials, non food stuff and beer/wine so I don’t know the exact food breakout. Then maybe 1 day a week of takeout so maybe $30-50 there. Although this is increasing a bit lately with kids being home from daycare/school more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back