• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Delaware State Hornets - November 25 4 pm - ACCN Extra

Listening to Forbes' post-game press conference now. A few notes:

He's fine playing guys with 2 fouls. He was planning on putting Massoud and Mucius back in but he didn't need to once the lead grew.

He lauded Tariq's game but noted he didn't have any defensive boards. Forbes calls him "Big 'Riq."

He played guys out of position like Jalen Johnson at the 4 and Quadry Adams at the 2. I thought Adams is a 2 so that was interesting.

He says he's a "big nickname guy."

He's not a fried turkey guy. "I'm a traditionalist."

We have about 10 solid players and a good coach. Big surprises were Adams and Ingraham. Vastly underrated recruits. The transfers were all great gets, given the circumstances. All can shoot it and look eager to defend.

That was the most stunning thing. Everyone looked like they could contribute. We could go 10+ deep and get something from everybody.

Listening to Forbes' post-game press conference now. A few notes:

He's fine playing guys with 2 fouls. He was planning on putting Massoud and Mucius back in but he didn't need to once the lead grew.

He lauded Tariq's game but noted he didn't have any defensive boards. Forbes calls him "Big 'Riq."

He played guys out of position like Jalen Johnson at the 4 and Quadry Adams at the 2. I thought Adams is a 2 so that was interesting.

He says he's a "big nickname guy."

He's not a fried turkey guy. "I'm a traditionalist."

I think he may be more of a Wild Turkey guy.

Does anyone know what all the patches were on their jersey? I saw the flag and the ACC patch. I could not make out the other.

Worth noting that nobody played more than 22 minutes today. Forbes looks to be serious about playing a lot of guys.

This.

Sarr and Chaundee aren’t going to be around 2-3 years from now once Forbes has had time to build a foundation. The less Manning players currently on the roster frees up space for Forbes to bring in his own players.

Interesting that sarr and chaundee both played only 20 minutes tonight. Would have thought they'd get more minutes. You'd assume if they stayed they'd be playing close to 40

Worth noting that nobody played more than 22 minutes today. Forbes looks to be serious about playing a lot of guys.

He didn’t need to play anybody major minutes. May not need to until UVa on Dec 16.

A few notes from the box score:

Every walk-on got 2 points, 2 reb, and/or 1 ast.

Every scholarship player had an assist except Mucius, Antonio, and Okpomo.

Every scholarship player had a steal except Massoud.

Notching a couple of huge wins early, even against terrible competition, will hopefully allow for the AD and media to build a good narrative around Forbes making an early impact and generate some positive coverage.

Forbes is serious about defense. To play solid pressure D requires effort and energy. A long bench is required. You practice to play 40 minutes of defense if necessary, but you sub to get their best 25 minutes with no falloff.

What kind of odds could you have gotten for Tariq Ingraham as high scorer for the game?

And, he didn't miss a shot, either from the field or from the free throw line. That is amazing. Nice to have a big who is that good at the FT line.

I’m a fan of this Adams kid.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/quadry-adams-steph-curry-under-rated-tour

He played a lot of guys and a lot of guys played well. He put the walk-ons in at 4:05 and they played well.

Adams is my guy

Join the Quad Squad! Kid looks good!

All you guys on the Quadry Adams bandwagon need to read the story in the link Ph posted. Its quoted here for your entertainment.

i didnt watch a single full game of ours last season. we won a game by 60?

Back