• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Delaware State Hornets - November 25 4 pm - ACCN Extra

i guess so. when i saw the score i thought to myself this is the type of game i've seen us lose before realizing we did lose this game before

A very enjoyable watch for sure. Not any real measure of how good we are, or who we are yet, except for the refreshing attacking defensive style. Those kinds of things, that mentality, along with making key shots help you win games you shouldn't. Could have a few like that this season. Let's be patient and enjoy the transformation of who we are going to be for the next few years.

Take whatever I say as a former high school runner with 0 basketball playing experience with a grain of salt, but I tend to look at three things in these cupcake non conference games: rebounding stats/effort, defensive effort, and turnovers.

First 8 minutes the 6 turnovers were brutal and led to weak defense, but as Forbes said it was early season jitters. After that I thought the guards and wings rebounded down well, defense was stellar, and we took pretty good care of the ball. Also look at Pitt losing to St. Francis. I think we're more likely to come 9th than last.

A very enjoyable watch for sure. Not any real measure of how good we are, or who we are yet, except for the refreshing attacking defensive style. Those kinds of things, that mentality, along with making key shots help you win games you shouldn't. Could have a few like that this season. Let's be patient and enjoy the transformation of who we are going to be for the next few years.

Best post on this thread

All you guys on the Quadry Adams bandwagon need to read the story in the link Ph posted. Its quoted here for your entertainment.

Thanks for posting again, I had not seen that. What a satisfying watch yesterday! Its nice to care about Wake basketball again.

Adams has enormous potential IMO. He is athletic, quick, plays hard and is totally fearless. Of our turnovers, two bigs (Mucius and Okpomo) had almost half of them, 7 in all. I loved the assist numbers with Neath (6) and Dubose (4) leading the way. Rebounding was good but that was a small team we played who only had 8 players dressed (not taking anything away from our guys here) and who only won 6 games last season. Still, with Manning and Bezzledick, we lost games like this but Forbes just hates to lose and will have a team that feels the same way I believe

Adams has enormous potential IMO. He is athletic, quick, plays hard and is totally fearless. Of our turnovers, two bigs (Mucius and Okpomo) had almost half of them, 7 in all. I loved the assist numbers with Neath (6) and Dubose (4) leading the way. Rebounding was good but that was a small team we played who only had 8 players dressed (not taking anything away from our guys here) and who only won 6 games last season. Still, with Manning and Bezzledick, we lost games like this but Forbes just hates to lose and will have a team that feels the same way I believe

The way Forbes has these guys bought in right away during a pandemic with a total roster overhaul is the most impressive thing about yesterday to me. I was expecting it to take time but these guys were all in from the tip, especially on the defensive end. That’s how you build a culture and identity that we supposedly were building for a decade with Mssrs. Redacted and Paint Touches. We are a bit of an oddball collection of a team this year but if that’s at all representative of the response Forbes gets out of his players were are in outstanding shape.

Okpomo got his 1st career block. 114 more to go to replace Chas McFarland on WF's career top 10

I’m thankful that after 13 long seasons Wake Forest finally has a basketball coach of merit and promise again. It’s been a long fucking time.

Dino doesn't deserve to be lumped in with his polar opposites.

Uh oh, a Delaware State player tested positive today. I assume this likely shuts down Wake.

Notching a couple of huge wins early, even against terrible competition, will hopefully allow for the AD and media to build a good narrative around Forbes making an early impact and generate some positive coverage.

I expected the same but when I opened the WSJ today, not a Fng mention of Coach Forbes first game and resounding victory. Not a peep. There are 2 articles online but wtf? I understand sometimes for late games but ours was done by 6ish. Did John Dell leave early for his turkey travel? 3 NFL articles and a Front full page article on 3 local HS kids who moved to Charlotte to play fall fball. No College hoops articles at all. I clm for the editor.

Back