• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Delaware State Hornets - November 25 4 pm - ACCN Extra

Uh oh, a Delaware State player tested positive today. I assume this likely shuts down Wake.[/QUOTE

A player that played last night? DSU only had 8 players presumably because many were sidelined due to potential exposure and being tested. Possibly one of the ones not at game?

I expected the same but when I opened the WSJ today, not a Fng mention of Coach Forbes first game and resounding victory. Not a peep. There are 2 articles online but wtf? I understand sometimes for late games but ours was done by 6ish. Did John Dell leave early for his turkey travel? 3 NFL articles and a Front full page article on 3 local HS kids who moved to Charlotte to play fall fball. No College hoops articles at all. I clm for the editor.

FWIW, the AJC had nothing on last night’s GT/GSU game today.

FWIW, the AJC had nothing on last night’s GT/GSU game today.

That game did start at 9pm and go 4 OTs ending after midnight and ours ended at a little after 6om so my expectations were different. But both were great games for different reasons.

When Wake got to 59 points at half time, after the shaky start, I thought there was a chance that the all time scoring record might be broken. (59 x2 =118, which is only 4 points less than the record.) Glad that Forbes cleated the bench and that didn't happen.

Much better that "122 vs Duke" is still at the top of the list. I wonder, how many P6 basketball schools can say that their highest scoring game was against another P6 team?

When Wake got to 59 points at half time, after the shaky start, I thought there was a chance that the all time scoring record might be broken. (59 x2 =118, which is only 4 points less than the record.) Glad that Forbes cleated the bench and that didn't happen.

Much better that "122 vs Duke" is still at the top of the list. I wonder, how many P6 basketball schools can say that their highest scoring game was against another P6 team?

Wasn't that in double or triple overtime? Hardly a show stopper.

Impressions from the Del St game are pretty limited. I can't complain about a 60 point win, even against possibly the worst team there is playing with only 8 guys.

What I noticed very early on is probably going to be the same for a lot of teams, but particularly those starting new guys. We have a lot of transfers and it showed. I think the Covid restrictions limit things like practice and strength & conditioning (it certainly has in football), and it looked to me like we didn't have a whole lot of chemistry. Nobody quite had a feeling for where guys were going to be or wanted to go. Once the threes started falling, it didn't really matter. We also looked like we could use the extra S&C. Some guys looked too skinny, some too doughy. Again, these are things I expect to change when all this is over, and it's really going to apply across the board since all teams are dealing with this, but just little things that could be a factor when we play real teams.

I also saw us use our length to our advantage, getting arms up and out to affect passing lanes. We actually look like we gave a fuck on defense, which hasn't been the case in many, many years.

The defense has been overlooked. 51 points. .264% from the field. 28% from three. 25 turnovers, 20 on steals. 46-29 rebounding advantage. This is the key to the Deacons ceiling this year because it is always within their control.

Back