• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

Gonzaga continues to look great. And apparently Tony didn't send his team the memo that Kispert can hit 3s.

Gonzaga continues to look great. And apparently Tony didn't send his team the memo that Kispert can hit 3s.

Don't know if Zags can play better. If so, holy cow. Coach Few should get his Natty this year. UVA seems flawed in many ways. Hope we have the games to see.

The latest AP rankings are out, and the top-rated ACC team is FSU at #18. Could be the first time ever that no ACC team has been ranked higher than #18.

FWIW, Duke is #20, UVA is #23 (don't deserve it; the Hoos' best win is in OT over Kent State); VT is #24.

To give an idea as to how bad the ACC is this year, here are the ACC's top 5 players to date according to KP:

1. Matthew Hurt, Duke
2. Carlik Jones, L'ville (Radford Transfer)
3. Keve Aluma, VT (K State Transfer)
4. Aamir Sims, Clemson
5. Devon Daniels, State

Yikes.

I picked the right year to pass on ACC fantasy basketball. I wouldn't have the first clue whom to pick, nor would I care. I probably would have gone all Deacs, but then again, we never play.

I picked the right year to pass on ACC fantasy basketball. I wouldn't have the first clue whom to pick, nor would I care. I probably would have gone all Deacs, but then again, we never play.

Yeah, and I find myself not that upset that my cable doesn't include the ACCN. Looks like the quality of college hoops has not improved over last year, outside of Spokane WA. As for UVA, this appears to be Tony's 1st team where the whole is less than the sum of its parts. He has a collection of pretty good players, but they don't look good on either end of the court.

Then again, the ACC is 4-0 against KY.

FWIW, have a lot of faith in Tony Bennett. Think that UVA could be a dangerous team late in the season (assuming we get to late in the season).

Yeah, and I find myself not that upset that my cable doesn't include the ACCN. Looks like the quality of college hoops has not improved over last year, outside of Spokane WA. As for UVA, this appears to be Tony's 1st team where the whole is less than the sum of its parts. He has a collection of pretty good players, but they don't look good on either end of the court.

To me, it seems like Tony Bennett's system at UVA may take more working in than most. It may be significantly different from what most HS and AAU teams do that players may not get it quickly. He didn't have very much pre-season to work on it with his new crop of guys.

Once the new guys "get" his system, I suspect that UVA will look a lot better. Now, the other question is, does he have enough time this season to make that happen? IDK about that.

To me, it seems like Tony Bennett's system at UVA may take more working in than most. It may be significantly different from what most HS and AAU teams do that players may not get it quickly. He didn't have very much pre-season to work on it with his new crop of guys.

Once the new guys "get" his system, I suspect that UVA will look a lot better. Now, the other question is, does he have enough time this season to make that happen? IDK about that.

I don't mean to complain about Tony at all. I love what he's done here. It's just that on paper, this team should be better than it is. And it could well be that the packline takes a while to pick up, and due to covid and their missing time, they haven't been able to get everyone up to speed. I also noticed on offense in the 1st game I saw that they weren't running their usual blocker/mover O against man D, and the O looked out of sorts. They were running it more against Gonzaga but were just overmatched. I also think Clark tends to struggle when he's going up against better guards and starts turning it over more and getting deep in the lane without knowing what he's going to do with it.

Shaka has Texas 8-1 and just beat #3 Kansas by 25 at Allen Fieldhouse. Safe to say he’s off the hot seat.

Does Mike Bray realize he’s not on a zoom meeting?

Shaka has Texas 8-1 and just beat #3 Kansas by 25 at Allen Fieldhouse. Safe to say he’s off the hot seat.

That’s the kiss of death. It was a home game, but that is pretty much what Odom did before getting canned. Man, if we could have waited one more year, Shaka would be ours. But no. 2&2 had to ruin everything.

If only Hatch had given Shaka’s wife a tenured professorship. Hatch fucked us!

The reality is there's no dispute here. The judge hand picked by the haters confirmed my modest access is real. You can live in Trumpian denial or the real world.

We had two virtually co-#1 choices to replace Danny and Shaka wasn't either. He really wasn't available this time.

Too bad it won't be safe to travel. Tix would be waiting.

#3 Villanova is on a COVID pause. They have cancelled their next 3 games (@ DePaul, Marquette and Xavier). Including those 3 games, Villanova will have cancelled or postponed 5 games.

Boston U plays Holy Cross tomorrow. It will be the first NCAA game played with the participants wearing masks.

#3 Villanova is on a COVID pause. They have cancelled their next 3 games (@ DePaul, Marquette and Xavier). Including those 3 games, Villanova will have cancelled or postponed 5 games.

Boston U plays Holy Cross tomorrow. It will be the first NCAA game played with the participants wearing masks.

Jesus, just pause this season

Yeah when the players have to wear masks during the actual game it’s time to stop the charade.

They also played today, but since the game was on Holy Cross's campus, only Boston U's team wore masks during the game. But Boston U is requiring any team competing on their campus to wear masks, so both teams will have to wear them tomorrow.

Back