• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

I'm fully on board with wearing a mask - but in my opinion, wearing cloth or surgical non-N95 masks while playing games that require sprinting, and very heavy breathing, and very close proximity (while fighting for post position, etc.) for long stretches of time, places too much faith in the efficacy of the mask. more than is justified by the actual efficacy.

Just don't play the games

They also played today, but since the game was on Holy Cross's campus, only Boston U's team wore masks during the game. But Boston U is requiring any team competing on their campus to wear masks, so both teams will have to wear them tomorrow.

Gotta love the hypocrisy of Holy Cross. Their number one concern should be the welfare of the kids in their care. Nope.

Jesus will protect our kids so we don't need to. If that was true he would not have sent covid in the first place.

Gotta love the hypocrisy of Holy Cross. Their number one concern should be the welfare of the kids in their care. Nope.

Jesus will protect our kids so we don't need to. If that was true he would not have sent covid in the first place.

That’s deep, man. Deep.

GT @ ND set for tomorrow postponed because of GT Covid issues. Hope the herd immunity theory was in full effect this past Sunday.

Grainy photo from today's Holy Cross at BU game (the first D1 game with both teams donning masks):

Eq_hFoLXEAABJyI.jpg

A few questions/observations:

- does wearing a mask around your chin prevent infection?
- is being able to breathe freely important when playing basketball?
- HC looks a little slow on D.
- There is a reason white guards generally don't rise above the Patriot League level.
- BU apparently took the no fans thing to the next level by building a wall at one end of their basketball arena

Holy Cross loses at home without masks, gets the road win today wearing (chin) masks

but as the photo illustrates, wearing masks while playing basketball is really dumb

We play our first high school game in masks in a couple of hours. Half of my team is out for quarantine, so I'm dressing 6. Should be a lot of fun, I'll let you know how it goes. Play on, and such.

We play our first high school game in masks in a couple of hours. Half of my team is out for quarantine, so I'm dressing 6. Should be a lot of fun, I'll let you know how it goes. Play on, and such.

Kids don't want to be subbed for anyway. Hope it includes your Top 3/4 players.

I covered a high school game last night. Playing in masks seemed difficult, most of them drooped down under the nose as the players did normal basketball activity.

There was no jump ball to start the game, I'm guessing there was a coin toss to determine start and then alternating possession arrow.

They also cleared the gym after the girls game so they could spray disinfectant in the bleachers before the boys game. The teams had their temperature checked before they entered the gym, and the visitors never went to a locker room, they just changed their shoes at the bench area.

If we think college hoops is a disaster waiting to happen, I just don't see how high school hoops is going to make it through even a shortened season.

So your district has embraced the herd immunity strategy, huh?

Clemson hoop on a paws (pause). The Tigers had a good shot to run their streak at UNC to two in a row, but their scheduled games against UNC Saturday and Cuse on Tuesday have been postponed. UNC will now play Cuse on Tuesday.

VT outscored ND by 20 in the second half to win 77-63

Back