Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

Quietly in year two, Nate Oats is dominating a Power 5 conference. No surprise there.

Quote Originally Posted by daaberry View Post
    Quietly in year two, Nate Oats is dominating a Power 5 conference. No surprise there.
    Bama has been scary good. Since losing to W. Kentucky on December 19, Bama is 8-0 straight up and ATS. They have beaten Tennessee, Auburn, Kentucky and LSU on the road by an average by an average of 15 points; that just doesn't happen. The thing is that the Tide is getting better, in Bama's last two games they beat 11-3 Arkansas (coached by Eric Mussleman) by 31 and 10-3 LSU (coached by Will Wade) by 30. Those are both solid teams. Always liked Oats, and it looks like it didn't take him long to build a monster.

Alabama was also recruiting at a very, very high level under Avery Johnson so Iím sure that helped Oats get off to a quick start as far as national credibility. Among others, Johnson brought in Collin Sexton (NBA), Kira Lewis (NBA) and John Petty Jr (#5 SG in 2017 class). Petty is now a senior averaging 14 pts/5 reb/2 ast/42% from 3.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Yeah, Oats was a no brainer hire. That guy is going to win... Period.

On the other hand, you have Stackhouse at Vandy that appears to be imploding and calling out his team (and individual players) for being shitty.

Stackhouse reminds me of Manning... Just more animated.

Michigan shutting down all sports for at least two weeks as a transmissible variant of Covid has been discovered among several members of the athletic department

Bernie Eskimo Bro

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    More evidence that Stackhouse is terrible...

Banhammer'd
    Stack was always a typical, annoying, Carowhina asshole. Hope he replaces Roy.

Steve Lepore
    He ain't winning at Vandy...he will never coach in Chapel Hill.

I'm pretty surprised K's back has not flared up this season...

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by greekdeac2011 View Post
    I'm pretty surprised K's back has not flared up this season...
    If he's .500 after 18 games, it will.

VT indefinitely suspended Tyrece Radford after he was arrested for a DUI and carrying a concealed weapon. He's their 2nd leading scorer and rebounder. Big loss.

https://roanoke.com/sports/college/v...2f20f14f6.html

The guy that dropped 20 on us in a 4 point game? He couldn't have gotten caught 2 games earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    The guy that dropped 20 on us in a 4 point game? He couldn't have gotten caught 2 games earlier?
    Wake Forest luck. Part of why Wake was #357 in luck before Sunday.

now know the depth of my hatred for UNC. I am sitting here cursing up a storm rooting for ... Pitt. Pitt.
    Skip rope, Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by booradley View Post
    now know the depth of my hatred for UNC. I am sitting here cursing up a storm rooting for ... Pitt. Pitt.
    ABC...FOREVER

First UNC wins, now Duke has the lead in the 2nd vs GT. Tonight's TV viewing has been a real hellscape. FROWN.
    Skip rope, Evil!

And it continues with a home W v Kentucky.

Many on here were in the "Oats boat" to have him replace Manning. But, alas, Manning was given an extension instead. He's doing for Alabama what many hoped he would be doing at Wake...winning.

Do you think there has ever been a Top 15 ranked team, lose 4 of their next 5 games by 18+? Welcome to the big time Clemson.