• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

Ah ESPN once again.

Running all the men's hoops Top 25 scores across the top of the screen. And one game stood out. Neither team is ranked. Why is that score wedged in between the Top 25 scores?

Guess who/which game.

Surprised they’re not running UNC-Duke on the ticker like the Super Bowl.

Lots of "upsets" today. Vols give Kansas some Barnes magic.

And the Hokies, after being down 10 in the second half, go on a 19-0 run and beat UVA 65-51. UVA went about 7 min without scoring. Wow.

And the Hokies, after being down 10 in the second half, go on a 19-0 run and beat UVA 65-51. UVA went about 7 min without scoring. Wow.

One team was playing defense! ACC keeps eating its own. Probably no top 15 ACC team after this weekend. Parity or pitiful? I still think the 5 of FSU, UVA, Duke, UL and UNC could be tough outs as they work through their weaknesses.

One team was playing defense! ACC keeps eating its own. Probably no top 15 ACC team after this weekend. Parity or pitiful? I still think the 5 of FSU, UVA, Duke, UL and UNC could be tough outs as they work through their weaknesses.

ACC has always been a tough league. Ask u*NC about that "great run" their #8 ranked team had in the 1973 NCAA tournament.

:cliffs:

Last place WFU beat 2 seed u*NC in the first round od the ACC tournament and only one team from the conference went to the NCAA tournament. The top seeded ACC team, NCState, was on probation and ineligible for the NCAA Tournament.

ACC has always been a tough league. Ask u*NC about that "great run" their #8 ranked team had in the 1973 NCAA tournament.

:cliffs:

Last place WFU beat 2 seed u*NC in the first round od the ACC tournament and only one team from the conference went to the NCAA tournament. The top seeded ACC team, NCState, was on probation and ineligible for the NCAA Tournament.

Undefeated State couldn't advance. The following year, State beats #3 MD to get the bid and MD turned down the NIT. DT, TB and MT win State's first Natty.

Not sure if it was a rescheduling of a cancelled game or just a quirk in the ACC schedule, but the conference did not do GT any favors in scheduling the GT at L'ville game on Monday afternoon.

GT was coming off their best game of the year, Saturday's win over FSU, and had to travel to L'ville who had been off for 5 days. Pretty brutal to play Saturday, travel and play a rested foe on the road. Of course, L'ville dominated.

BC will only have 4 scholarship players available tomorrow vs FSU. Four walk-ons that will have to play have logged a combined total of 15 mins of game time this season. On top of that BC hasn't played since Jan 16th. :eek:

Big time respect to BC for agreeing to play this game. It'll be a great opportunity for some walk-ons to get to live their dreams by getting the dogshit kicked out of them in an ACC game.

FSU better already have landed in Boston if this game is going to get played because a nasty Noreaster is going to hammer Boston tonight and tomorrow. More than a foot of snow and heavy winds are expected.

FWIW, WF plays BC a week from Wednesday; that's WF next scheduled game after ND. Although it's possible the ACC could schedule a make-up game given that will have 8 days off after ND.

Many on here were in the "Oats boat" to have him replace Manning. But, alas, Manning was given an extension instead. He's doing for Alabama what many hoped he would be doing at Wake...winning.

Man, I wanted him so bad. I'm not at all mad at who we ended up with, but Oats was such an obvious choice.

is it wrong to hope that BC still only has four players when they play us ? I think that's wrong, but I'm going to go with it anyway.

Miami up 72-70 with 57.1 left.

The weirdest thing about games with no fans is the lack of a reaction to a last second shot.

Goodness, the #9 OU #13 TTech game is 14-13 with 4 to go in first half. Effort but no buckets

Back