• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

NCAA announced that the NIT will be "downsized" to 16 teams, and all games will be sites in Texas.

Huge ACC bubble game with Duke playing at GT tonight. GT can really damage the Devils' NCAA hopes with a home win. IIRC, only Kansas has a longer current NCAA bid streak than Duke.

Indiana v. Mich St is essentially a play-in game as well. I think Miller is out at the end of the season if he doesn't win tonight. He's not going to beat Purdue in West Lafayette to finish the season, he's yet to beat them in his time at Bloomington.

I would have bet good money that Miller would have ended up succeeding at IU. Crazy times.

Yeah, saw the Md/MSU game the other day. If MSU were in the ACC this year, they'd be the 4th best team. They deserve a look far more than Duke. ESPN had Duke in their last 4 out. They should be further down than that at 11-9 in a poor conference. But they're Duke.

Yeah, saw the Md/MSU game the other day. If MSU were in the ACC this year, they'd be the 4th best team. They deserve a look far more than Duke. ESPN had Duke in their last 4 out. They should be further down than that at 11-9 in a poor conference. But they're Duke.

So, in how many ways can Cville say the ACC sucks? The Maryland team that dominated the Spartans on Sunday, was annihilated at Clemson early in the year. BTW, seems like 100 years ago, but Michigan State beat Duke in Cameron easily in early December. If it comes down to those two, that game should play a role in the decision who to take.

Michigan State went through a long period when they were awful. Michigan State lost at Rutgers by 30 and scored 37 points. That is current WF bad; they would've sucked in the ACC during that period. Going into the season, Michigan State was considered a top 3 team in the Big 10; so, now that they are finally healthy (and beating Illinois and Ohio State), yes, Michigan State is good, but they are simply playing up to pre-season expectation.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have been pounding the ACC as being shitty this year, but there is no reason why some of these teams can't do well in March...

FSU is legit very good and could win it all. I've heard people say that they missed their chance last year when the tourney was canceled, but they look to be every bit as good this year. Defense not quite as good... Offense probably better.

UVA is UVA... Not a fun team for anyone to play.

Louisville, VT, & GT are all frisky and could make a run.

Clemson mediocre on offense, but their defense is good enough to keep them in any game... Especially in an NCAA tourney situation where an opponent's butthole might get tight.

Hoping UNC & Duke don't make it... But they probably do. Maybe they'll embarrass themselves.

So, in how many ways can Cville say the ACC sucks? The Maryland team that dominated the Spartans on Sunday, was annihilated at Clemson early in the year. BTW, seems like 100 years ago, but Michigan State beat Duke in Cameron easily in early December. If it comes down to those two, that game should play a role in the decision who to take.

Michigan State went through a long period when they were awful. Michigan State lost at Rutgers by 30 and scored 37 points. That is current WF bad; they would've sucked in the ACC during that period. Going into the season, Michigan State was considered a top 3 team in the Big 10; so, now that they are finally healthy (and beating Illinois and Ohio State), yes, Michigan State is good, but they are simply playing up to pre-season expectation.

I'm depressed when I watch ACC games these days. Two years ago I was spoiled going to watch Zion block DeAndre into the 10th row with LeBron in attendance. Even though UVA is pretty good by ACC standards, this is still the most difficult UVA rendition to watch since Tony's 2nd year. And I've been tuning in to B-10 games recently and have been jealous. I was wondering how good a job Juwon Howard was going to do when he was hired because it was his 1st HC gig, and I've been really impressed. I'm rooting for them and Gonzaga this year. And it's not just them. The B-10 is loaded this year. So it's just fucking depressing watching the conference I love suck so bad 2 years in a row. Not to mention Wake.

But my point stands. Duke at 11-9 in this ACC belongs nowhere near the bubble as it currently stands. Yet there they are. At least in the eyes of the Duke Basketball Network, otherwise known as ESPN.

Yeah, I have been pounding the ACC as being shitty this year, but there is no reason why some of these teams can't do well in March...

FSU is legit very good and could win it all. I've heard people say that they missed their chance last year when the tourney was canceled, but they look to be every bit as good this year. Defense not quite as good... Offense probably better.

UVA is UVA... Not a fun team for anyone to play.

Louisville, VT, & GT are all frisky and could make a run.

Clemson mediocre on offense, but their defense is good enough to keep them in any game... Especially in an NCAA tourney situation where an opponent's butthole might get tight.

Hoping UNC & Duke don't make it... But they probably do. Maybe they'll embarrass themselves.

UNC is likely in, even with the loss at Syracuse last night, and even if they lose to Duke this weekend. That win over FSU probably pushed them off the bubble. I do doubt that UNC will last very long in the NCAA Tournament - they're too inconsistent to go very far this year. Duke shouldn't even be in the conversation, but with ESPN pushing them hard and with the desire for ratings it's hard to imagine that the powers-that-be won't move heaven and earth to get them in. If they beat UNC this weekend it might be enough to get them in. The same powers-that-be would probably love to push Kentucky into the NCAA Tournament too, but short of them winning the SEC Tournament they're not going to sniff the NCAAs this year.

Illinois, without Ayo, is pounding Michigan.

So after a recent road loss Creighton coach Doug McDermott said “I need everybody to stay on the plantation. I can’t have anybody leave the plantation”. That seems...bad.

GT with the worst endgame possession I’ve ever seen

Hope GT can put the stake through dook's heart here.

Big new the refs fouled out Hurt early on a questionable foul. Some ref is going to lose his job.

GT tried to toss that one away.

If we have problems with motivated teams, Friday is going to be a long night.

Just another team with 4+ players who would start for us.

After last night, I’d guess GT is in and Duke is on the double bubble.

#1 seed wright state had a 24 point lead at home over #8 seed Milwaukee With 6 and a 1/2 minutes left and lost a game in overtime.

Back