• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

#1 seed wright state had a 24 point lead at home over #8 seed Milwaukee With 6 and a 1/2 minutes left and lost a game in overtime.

Wright State was the #1 seed last year and lost their first Horizon Tournament game also. Pain.

One other thing, Milwaukee’s coach is the dad of top 5 recruit Patrick Baldwin. The dad was on the hot seat, but he may keep his job now, meaning that Patrick Baldwin will likely go to Milwaukee rather than Duke.

The Horizon League played their 4 quarterfinals last night:

3 OT games; the 4th game was a 1 point game decided with a basket at the buzzer.

Last edited:
Moses Wright is taller than Josh Howard, but man it was painful to watch a lanky, high motor player wearing #5 with a headband put a team on his back like that.

someday we'll be good again

Moses Wright is taller than Josh Howard, but man it was painful to watch a lanky, high motor player wearing #5 with a headband put a team on his back like that.

someday we'll be good again

Ha yeah I was watching Moses Wright absolutely dominate inside, and while they were showing a replay of him catching a ball from his shoe tops on the move, then dunking over 2 guys through contact someone was posting that GaTech and Wake have equal talent. Had to laugh.

Impressed by Illinois, and that Baylor/WVU game was some great basketball.

GT is a dangerous team. Experienced backcourt. Stud inside. Funky defense that will give teams trouble that haven't faced it before. Pastner is a question mark, but think GT could make a run. FWIW, GT has not made an NCAA Tourney since 2010.

GT is a dangerous team. Experienced backcourt. Stud inside. Funky defense that will give teams trouble that haven't faced it before. Pastner is a question mark, but think GT could make a run. FWIW, GT has not made an NCAA Tourney since 2010.

It was really depressing to have my GT friends texting me last night about how shitty Wake Forest is right now.

I'm used to hearing that from fans of other schools, but it has been a while since GT fans felt sorry for me. They've been focused on their own suckitude.

Wake and GT, both used to be proud and respected programs. Shocking to see the events that unfolded the last decade plus for both programs.

No kidding - as an Atlanta kid I grew up a huge GA Tech fan. The Cremins point guard pipeline, the Bary family, Lethal Weapon 3, etc. All of that eventually colliding with the Duncan years and ACC Finals appearances... Those weren't just good times for the programs, it's sad to look back at just how much fun it was to watch ACC basketball then compared to now.

No kidding - as an Atlanta kid I grew up a huge GA Tech fan. The Cremins point guard pipeline, the Bary family, Lethal Weapon 3, etc. All of that eventually colliding with the Duncan years and ACC Finals appearances... Those weren't just good times for the programs, it's sad to look back at just how much fun it was to watch ACC basketball then compared to now.

Yeah, I enjoyed some of those old GT teams. GT was the 1st college team I can remember shooting a 3 on a fast break. They had a 3 on 1, and the guard passed it to Dennis Scott on the right, and he dribbled 1 step back and jacked a 3. I remember thinking I had never seen that before. Cremins may not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, but he was a good recruiter and had some great teams.

How hard can it be convincing a recruit to come to Atlanta? It's a great city. The only 2 ACC coaches who are currently over achieving are Young and Hamilton. And Hamilton just got a 5 year extension at his age.

The Atlantic 10 tournament started this morning.

In the tourney's first game, LaSalle played St. Joe's. Since firing Phil Martelli (who is an assistant at Michigan now), St. Joe's has been dreadful under new coach Billy Lange (7-40; 2-26 in the A-10; those records are unfortunately accurate) heading into a COVID shutdown at the end of January. During the shutdown, St. Joe's best player Ryan Daly, a fireplug, returned from an injury, but still, St. Joe looked like a pathetic team just playing out the string. After beating LaSalle in the opening round of the A-10 today, St. Joe's has now won 4 straight (covering by ridiculous margins), including putting the final nail in the coffin of Richmond's at-large hopes with road conference win on Monday. St. Joe plays UMASS tomorrow in the A-10 quarters. The Hawk will flap his wings another day.

March college basketball can still be fun.

Wynston Tabbs going to ECU after getting kicked off BC’s roster.

Yep. The Pack frosh have really picked it up. On the flip side, WTF is going on with Notre Dame?

In late February, they blew a 20 point second half lead at Syracuse which ended a run of 6 wins in 8 games. After that bad loss to Cuse, ND has completely collapsed, losing 4 straight ugly games. This past weekend ND lost (and gave up 94) to BC when BC had 5 scholarship players and when BC was on the verge of cancelling their season, and then last night, at home with a healthy roster, the Irish threw up on themselves against State as the Pack dominated from the tip. ND looked completely disinterested in playing basketball, missing countless layups and allowing State to shoot 63% from 2. Maybe ND doesn't GAF about basketball, but Brey should be in the hot seat. The Irish are only going through the motions at this point (ND is 19 games under .500 in the ACC over the last 4 years).

Yep. The Pack frosh have really picked it up. On the flip side, WTF is going on with Notre Dame?

In late February, they blew a 20 point second half lead at Syracuse which ended a run of 6 wins in 8 games. After that bad loss to Cuse, ND has completely collapsed, losing 4 straight ugly games. This past weekend ND lost (and gave up 94) to BC when BC had 5 scholarship players and when BC was on the verge of cancelling their season, and then last night, at home with a healthy roster, the Irish threw up on themselves against State as the Pack dominated from the tip. ND looked completely disinterested in playing basketball, missing countless layups and allowing State to shoot 63% from 2. Maybe ND doesn't GAF about basketball, but Brey should be in the hot seat. The Irish are only going through the motions at this point (ND is 19 games under .500 in the ACC over the last 4 years).

So what you are saying is that all eyes will be on Wake Forest vs. Notre Dame in the first round of the ACC tourney next week? A can't miss event?

Brey has had a good but not great career and it may be time. Twenty seasons is a long time in one place.

Back