• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

Along these lines, the highest he shot on threes in four years is 28.2% and has a mediocre 1.2 ATO ratio for four years. He's never averaged 4 apg. He could be a decent 8th/9th man on a good team.

If we believe Carter Whitt is our PG for the next 3-4 years, he has to play. If Miller comes to Wake, Whitt play far less.

Nobody is suggesting Miller is coming to Wake Forest.

Good for UNCG, though I don't see them as being in danger of winning a game or 2 like Winthrop could.

Good for UNCG, though I don't see them as being in danger of winning a game or 2 like Winthrop could.

UNCG played Winthrop to start the season, and Winthrop won by 8.

Kelsey has built a scary team -- they are 23-1; they have 6-7 PG, and they play 10+ guys. Really hard to know how good Winthrop is because they played no one all year. The only two top 100 teams Winthrop played are Furman (#83) and UNCG (#98), and they won both games easily. Seemed like Winthrop grew disinterested playing the same crappy Big South teams for two months, but they turned it on in the conference tournament, winning by 29, 21 and 27; that's impressive regardless of the competition. ESPN projects that Winthrop will be #12 seed. Could be one of those 12 v. 5 upsets that happens every year.

App and uncg going dancing. Glad the teams around us are having fun in March.

Tried to get into college bb for the first time this year by toggling back/forth between these two games during crunch time. But man was it PAINFUL to watch; APP game took 19 minutes to play the last 75 seconds, and UNCG was not much better. Injury t/o's, regular t/o's, official reviews, endless fouling; just awful.
Here's a suggestion: when there's more than a two possession lead in the last minute, the team with the lead has a 20 second shot clock on an end-bounds from their own basket; 10 seconds from inside half court. That way, they have incentive to play defense instead of fouling as a means of getting the ball back fairly quickly.

Last edited:
FWIW, App State Coach Dustin Kerns will be a Power V coach soon.

He was a manager of the basketball team at Clemson as a student, and worked his way up from there. In 2017, Kerns took over a pathetic Presby program (no winning seasons in 12 years), and he won 20 games in year 2. Last year, he got the App job. App has been a career killer. After Bobby Cremins left for GT in 1981, the next 6 coaches never head coached on the D1 level again after taking the App State job (that incluides Jason Capel, Buzz Peterson). In two years, Kerns has now taken App to their first NCAA bid in 20 years. They won 4 games in 4 days, beating the #1, #2 and #3 seeds along the way. Kerns is one to watch.

UNCG played Winthrop to start the season, and Winthrop won by 8.

Kelsey has built a scary team -- they are 23-1; they have 6-7 PG, and they play 10+ guys. Really hard to know how good Winthrop is because they played no one all year. The only two top 100 teams Winthrop played are Furman (#83) and UNCG (#98), and they won both games easily. Seemed like Winthrop grew disinterested playing the same crappy Big South teams for two months, but they turned it on in the conference tournament, winning by 29, 21 and 27; that's impressive regardless of the competition. ESPN projects that Winthrop will be #12 seed. Could be one of those 12 v. 5 upsets that happens every year.

Yeah, I don't pay attention to the small conferences till this time of year. Two years ago, I caught a couple of Wofford's conference tourney games and made a point of watching them in the Dance. That was an exciting team, and my recollection was they gave Ky a scare in the 2nd round. I see the same potential from Winthrop this year and am pulling for them. I've also caught Loyola a few times and really like them again, though they're not remotely the same kind of cindarella that Winthrop would be. I'm guessing Loyola is a 5-6 seed.

Yeah, I don't pay attention to the small conferences till this time of year. Two years ago, I caught a couple of Wofford's conference tourney games and made a point of watching them in the Dance. That was an exciting team, and my recollection was they gave Ky a scare in the 2nd round. I see the same potential from Winthrop this year and am pulling for them. I've also caught Loyola a few times and really like them again, though they're not remotely the same kind of cindarella that Winthrop would be. I'm guessing Loyola is a 5-6 seed.

Right now they are being projected as an 8-10 seed....some #1 or #2 seed is not going to be excited about the prospect of facing them in the 2nd round.

Right now they are being projected as an 8-10 seed....some #1 or #2 seed is not going to be excited about the prospect of facing them in the 2nd round.

Yeah, I saw Lunardi projected Loyola as #9 seed. Not sure where that comes from. Realize there a ton of rankings, but KP has Loyola as 9th in the country (a 3 seed). That is probably too high, but Loyola is 23-4, and by those that closely follow them, it seems to be unanimous that this Rambler team is better than the team that went to the Final 4 in 2018. FWIW, Gonzaga and Baylor are clearly really good. Other than that, with the lack of the typical number of OOC games, it's really hard to know how good teams are. This could be a year with a crazy number of tourney upsets, and some completely off the radar team or teams making deep runs.

Horrific loss by Clemson to Miami. Clemson is still getting in, but there's no way Clemson should lose that game. Good news for those holding GT futures to be ACC Champ...

Really weird box score for Clemson. Normally, when they lose, it's because they can't score, but Clemson shot 53% from 3 and 100% from the line. Miami dominated Clemson inside. Outscoring the Tigers 48-22 on 2 point shots. Didn't see that coming. Between December 16, 2020 and March 1, 2021 Miami won 3 ACC games. In the last 5 days, Miami has won the same number of ACC games.

Last edited:
To me it’s why Brownell has a ceiling. He’s done well to elevate their program but he has many games like this on his résumé. Obviously would’ve been glad to have him the last 10 years instead of who we had, but I’m glad we don’t have him now.

Two games in row for Miami where they played 7 guys with the 5 starters playing a ton of minutes.

Will likely bet against them tomorrow on the thesis that they must be gassed.

Louisville has come back from a large deficit to take the lead 47 before the half. :)

Butler just had a last second shot that was blocked. Alas, Xavier didn’t take it down to the other end and hit a crazy three. Overtime. This is how normal games go.

Louisville can really rebound, but man they are reckless once they get it

I mean - Lord - it's like they think there's an 8-second shot clock

How old is this Mutombo commercial? Didn't this air like 10 years ago?

Back