• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

My guess is the networks don’t care as much about total eyeballs but more eyeballs in the 18-34 demographic.

It's hard to imagine they care about any eyeballs starting tonight's game at 10pm with the two team fanbases primarily located in the central time zone.

On "Around the Horn", a panelist pointed out that the last team before this season's UCLA to make it to the Elite 8 after losing their last 4 games prior to the NCAA tournament was "Wake Forest in 1977".
Yay us.

On "Around the Horn", a panelist pointed out that the last team before this season's UCLA to make it to the Elite 8 after losing their last 4 games prior to the NCAA tournament was "Wake Forest in 1977".
Yay us.

That team advanced to the Elite 8, before losing to eventual National Champ Marquette.

My guess is the networks don’t care as much about total eyeballs but more eyeballs in the 18-34 demographic.

Yep, and those eyeballs aren't staying home on a Friday night to watch the college football championship. Fridays are the worst night for ratings.

Thursday/Saturday could work though.

Watch the Baylor vs. UConn women's game on ESPN. Much better game.

It's a better game. Tight game in the first half. Teams traded runs in the second half.

Yeah. Baylor and UConn didn't execute well down the stretch after a good game.

OSU got back in just in time to focus on it.

Women’s game featured awful execution with even worse officiating.

I’m having a hard time deciding whether I’m enjoying the reemergence of the Pet Shop Boys or Tag Team more.

Women’s game featured awful execution with even worse officiating.

Yeah, I watched a decent amount of the women’s game and the officiating was garbage. Multiple missed out of bounds calls (like not which team it went off, but where the ball bounced out of bounds and it wasn’t called out) and so many fouls not called

I’m having a hard time deciding whether I’m enjoying the reemergence of the Pet Shop Boys or Tag Team more.

Damnamit. Pet Shop Boys are having re-emergence? Like a G D Phoenix from the ashes! How did I miss this? Drink MOAR or Google this? On vacation. Why can't i have both?

Damnamit. Pet Shop Boys are having re-emergence? Like a G D Phoenix from the ashes! How did I miss this? Drink MOAR or Google this? On vacation. Why can't i have both?

Just watch a basketball game.

All this talk about upsets and we’re probably going to get three one-seeds and a two-seed in the Final Four.

Back