Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Keyontae Johnson is in a medically induced coma.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...andfather-says

That is absolutely heartbreaking.

Not that he still can't make a full recovery, but that isn't a good sign.

Would the coma indicate that it's likely more of a brain problem than a heart problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    Would the coma indicate that it's likely more of a brain problem than a heart problem?
    Most likely that a heart problem caused a brain problem.

Apparently he's out of the coma now and "is following simple commands".

Quote Originally Posted by saltydeac View Post
    Praying for full recovery for young man. Doesnít sound like he had any preexisting condition, but did have COVID this past summer. If they find out he had myocarditis then it is time to shut down bball. No way I would be playing especially if a possible pro career in balance with vaccine a few months away.
    Grandfather did not confirm today that he had Covid. Where was that confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by 82deacman View Post
    Grandfather did not confirm today that he had Covid. Where was that confirmed?
    Like many of his Florida teammates, Johnson tested positive for COVID-19 during the summer.
    https://apnews.com/article/tallahass...df366384b89ff3

Quote Originally Posted by Neurodeac View Post
    Most likely that a heart problem caused a brain problem.
    Yes, circulatory impairment often leads to problematic organ oxygen deficit. But Neuro knows that better than me.

CIAA (Winston Salem State) canceling 2020-2021 basketball season

Historically Competitive
    When was the last time the ACC had 0 teams in the top-14?

FSU is currently the highest ranked team in the conference at #15. Yikes

https://mobile.twitter.com/GatorsMBK...012804/photo/1

This sounds encouraging. Hope the young man continues to improve.
    boorish ruffian

Is OK St not ranked due to probation? 6-0 with a lotto pick and victory over Marquette.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    I don't think I've ever seen Dickie V call a Duke-ND game. I knew his family is a ND family, but man he slobbers over them more than he does Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen Dickie V call a Duke-ND game. I knew his family is a ND family, but man he slobbers over them more than he does Duke.
    Unwatchable as far as I'm concerned
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    Unwatchable as far as I'm concerned
    This may be what you meant, but I canít watch him for any games anymore, no matter who is playing. I either find another game or mute him.

UVA to play Gonzaga on 12/28, a consolation prize for having their game against Wake cancelled. It should be a classic offense vs. defense contest.

Quote Originally Posted by tagsfan View Post
    UVA to play Gonzaga on 12/28, a consolation prize for having their game against Wake cancelled. It should be a classic offense vs. defense contest.
    UVA has had to cancel some games. I've only seen them once, and they were awful. Gonzaga, otoh, looks fantastic. This could be their natty.

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    UVA has had to cancel some games. I've only seen them once, and they were awful. Gonzaga, otoh, looks fantastic. This could be their natty.
    Yeah, I was reading yesterday that the new 5-out offense is still very much a work in progress. Maybe the time off from games gave them time to work out some of the wrinkles. Agree on the Zags. Timme is the new Psycho T.

Can Sarr and Newman take all the money they have lost at Georgia and Kentucky off their taxes next year?