• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

I keep forgetting people here know more than coaches and those who are involved with D1 bball for a living.

I keep forgetting people here know more than coaches and those who are involved with D1 bball for a living.

Bro, go back and read Pilchard's post. Just because some out-recruited tart throws an anonymous slight at you is no basis for a system of basketball.

Surely you understand that anonymous allegations by competitors from a decade or so ago does not outweigh recent success under the watchful eye of the successors to those same (more powerful) competitors. If all these pussies still think Drew is a gangster, don't you think they would be bombarding the NCAA with evidence?

Bro, go back and read Pilchard's post. Just because some out-recruited tart throws an anonymous slight at you is no basis for a system of basketball.

Surely you understand that anonymous allegations by competitors from a decade or so ago does not outweigh recent success under the watchful eye of the successors to those same (more powerful) competitors. If all these pussies still think Drew is a gangster, don't you think they would be bombarding the NCAA with evidence?

Just because when you were orca fat no one liked you doesn't mean you need to act like ASSHOLE the rest of your life.

Maybe you should try something new, read RJ's next five posts without seeing his name. Assume someone else posted them, you won't have same Pavlovians response. Maybe that would your attitude in life.

What is SAD and HILARIOUS is that there's nothing HILARIOUS or REDEEEMING about your TIRED and PATHETIC act.

It started before that poll and has continued. Again, it's not that they said he was dirty, but that he was THE dirtiest. It's not like they were in a room and given a multiple choice test. It was an open question. The NCAA is a joke.

I've never said he wasn't a good coach.

Has Mitchell just shown dramatic improvement? He sure seems like a Top 50 type recruit.

#58 RSCI coming out of high school to Auburn. Chaundee was #34 that year.

he's a perfect signee - legit talent but stays in school (of course he did transfer) and gets stronger and better. He's a junior but 4 years older than Whitt.

It started before that poll and has continued. Again, it's not that they said he was dirty, but that he was THE dirtiest. It's not like they were in a room and given a multiple choice test. It was an open question. The NCAA is a joke.

I've never said he wasn't a good coach.

No. He was voted second dirtiest after Calipari in an anonymous poll 9 years ago. Carry on.

Here's the link. For those that don't want to click, I've copied and pasted the writeup below.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...eived-to-be-the-biggest-cheater-in-the-sport/

CBSSports.com's college basketball quartet of Gary Parrish, Jeff Goodman, Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander spent the July recruiting period hobnobbing with nearly 100 coaches, brain-picking them on some of the sport's current issues. From the best players to their comrades in coaching; from the AAU programs to the agents' involvement; from the rule changes to the NCAA as a whole. We had to promise them anonymity, and in exchange, they gave us honest answers. Over the next three weeks here on the blog, we'll be putting out one question per weekday and giving you the array of results, straight from the coaches' mouths.

College basketball is widely regarded as the sketchiest sport with the sketchiest characters thanks to men like Myron Piggie, Ken Caldwell and all the coaches who have historically dealt with them and people like them. Where fact trumps fiction, where a rumor ends and the truth begins, is sometimes hard to determine. But perception is usually treated as reality regardless -- even if the overwhelming majority of coaches are never actually charged with violating major recruiting rules.

Still, coaches know other coaches and how they operate.

Or at least they think they do.

Which leads us to our next question.

The question: Who is perceived by college coaches to be the biggest cheater in the sport?

John Calipari (Kentucky): 36 percent
Scott Drew (Baylor): 34 percent
Ben Howland (UCLA): 12 percent
Jim Calhoun (Connecticut): 7 percent
Tom Crean (Indiana): 3 percent
Dave Rice (UNLV): 3 percent
Others receiving votes: Too many to list.

Bears and Deacs, congrats to your Bears for winning the championship. You're being beyond gracious to entertain this ridiculous discussion less than 48 hours after the championship game.

The POLL question was that...#2 out of over 300 is nothing to cheer about.

Did I cheer? You’re making statements that are not correct. I corrected you. I didn’t say anything else about it. Carry on with your conversation, I don’t really care. But at least fucking get it right if you are going to keep arguing about it.

Did I cheer? You’re making statements that are not correct. I corrected you. I didn’t say anything else about it. Carry on with your conversation, I don’t really care. But at least fucking get it right if you are going to keep arguing about it.

The first post said second...

The first post said second...

You're right, it did and I missed that. I just noticed where you said he was described "as THE dirtiest coach..." which isn't true. But yes, you said it correctly the first time and then incorrectly after that.

We should have a poll to vote on the board's biggest moron and treat that as gospel for the next nine years

I've been on the various incarnations of this board for over 20 years and if you had taken that poll at anytime, up to and including today, the answer would be the same every single time.

You're right, it did and I missed that. I just noticed where you said he was described "as THE dirtiest coach..." which isn't true. But yes, you said it correctly the first time and then incorrectly after that.

Just put the troll on ignore and your board experience drastically improves.

Maryland picked up a Grad transfer point guard, Fatts Russell. Supposed to be the solution to their ball handling.

Last edited:
Hartford University won their first America East title and received their first NCAA tournament invitation this past season (they were Baylor first victim on the Bears tournament run). Yesterday, Hartford decided to drop down to D3.

Back