• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

My biggest problem is how many games we don't finish. I understand talent advantages will wear you down, but effort seems to be lacking at the end of games. That's on the players and coach.

lol solid analysis

And first 4 out. 😡

Yeah, this is maddening. They don't deserve to be in the discussion. But it looks like the ACC will get in 6-7 teams, mostly 7-11 seeds, and after the last week that FSU has had, this could be the 1st year in forever that the ACC doesn't get any 1-3 seeds. I'm guessing FSU is a 4-5, UVA is a 5 and VT is a 6. Illinois with an impressive win yesterday at OSU locked up the 4th 1 seed. B-10 will be the 1st conference ever to have 4 1-2 seeds, and they deserve it. B-12 has also been impressive this year. I'll set the o/u at 1 for the number of ACC teams that survive the 1st weekend, and I'll lean toward the U.

No worries ESPN bpi says dook has a 24% chance of making the tourney.

No worries ESPN bpi says dook has a 24% chance of making the tourney.

They're a .500 team in a mediocre conference. When has a .500 team in a mediocre conference even had a 24% chance?!? They should have to win the ACC tourney for their only shot. God, ESPN loves them some Duke.

Well, it’s certainly ESPN, but isn’t ESPN also taking into account the realities of the selection committee and (some) national sentiment? That they will feel some pressure to include Duke just because of the name. Lifetime Achievement Award for K.

Duke will obviously take care of BC but I’m not looking forward to the reffing in that Duke Louisville game. Duke will be given every advantage and Chris Mack better be ready to counter that.

I hadn't seen Winthrop this year. They may have already punched a ticket, but they're making sure now. Burns is a beast. This could be a fun Cinderella team to root for like Wofford was a couple years ago.

Well, it’s certainly ESPN, but isn’t ESPN also taking into account the realities of the selection committee and (some) national sentiment? That they will feel some pressure to include Duke just because of the name. Lifetime Achievement Award for K.

If they take dook it will prove the tourney is stacked against the little guy. Dook made it easy to leave them out and the committee can say see we are fair to the small schools.

Pat Kelsey is gonna get a P5 job this year...South Carolina might be the place or maybe BC.

I want Pat to get a job but not at South Carolina. I don't want to have to recruit against him.

While ESPN was pimping dook with a 24% chance of a bid, their guy Lunardi doesn't have them in the first 4 out or the next 4 out.

The only message ESPN should have about dook is that if they don't win the ACCT they are out, not some pipe dream that they will get some sort of at large bid.

Does kaye have some pictures for ESPN execs?

More like ESPN execs have pictures of K.

They're a .500 team in a mediocre conference. When has a .500 team in a mediocre conference even had a 24% chance?!? They should have to win the ACC tourney for their only shot. God, ESPN loves them some Duke.
This isnt a normal year. The same reason the Wake Forest is likely gonna make the women's tournament with a 500 record.

Duke has some work to do but if they made the semifinals of the ACC tournament they would probably get in but would be right there. finals no brainer.

Last edited:
So other than Winthrop, VCU and Loyola, who I'm pulling for, what are some of the non power 5 schools y'all are pulling for and who you think could make a run?

This isnt a normal year. The same reason the Wake Forest is likely gonna make the women's tournament with a 500 record.

Duke has some work to do but if they made the semifinals of the ACC tournament they would probably get in but would be right there. finals no brainer.

You don't come from off the bubble to in the NCAA's with a semi-finals appearance in one of the weakest ACC's in a decade. Beating BC, L'ville and FSU is not going to do it.

Yes, it's not a normal year, but with a stock pile of McD AA's, they have no excuse.

Back