• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

Sarr with a terrible TO to end the game as Kentucky loses to Arkansas. They are now 5-13.

I LOVE this place..Sarr had 13/10/4, but all that is posted about is a TO. If Cal and KY had gotten the ball to Sarr more often, they would have won.

I LOVE this place..Sarr had 13/10/4, but all that is posted about is a TO. If Cal and KY had gotten the ball to Sarr more often, they would have won.

Do you know where he would be getting the ball more often? This year's Wake Forest team....

Do you know where he would be getting the ball more often? This year's Wake Forest team....

Couldn't agree with you more. If he had stayed, he would have had a good chance at being a first round pick.

He's averaging 11/6 so not like the game was a huge statistical anomaly. But anyways I was commenting on the bad TO he had at the end of the game, not doing a holistic review.

interesting notes from kenpom:

Gonzaga and Baylor are both the highest rated teams (based on AdjEM) since 2015 Kentucky (team that went undefeated until it lost to Wisconsin in the final four)
The gap between Baylor at #2 and Michigan at #3 is the same as the gap between Michigan and #18 Texas

Barring any big upsets or injuries... it seems very, very likely that Gonzaga or Baylor should win the title (for you gamblers out there)

interesting notes from kenpom:

Gonzaga and Baylor are both the highest rated teams (based on AdjEM) since 2015 Kentucky (team that went undefeated until it lost to Wisconsin in the final four)
The gap between Baylor at #2 and Michigan at #3 is the same as the gap between Michigan and #18 Texas

Barring any big upsets or injuries... it seems very, very likely that Gonzaga or Baylor should win the title (for you gamblers out there)

Baylor and Gonzaga have played on another level. Still think that they are a handful of teams that could beat either one on the right night:

- Illinois (two NBA players; solid from 3)
- Houston (under the radar, but they get after it defensively, and can explode on O)
- Bama (shoot 40% from 3, and super deep; Oats is bigtime)
- FSU (their roster is ridiculous; size; depth; scary from 3; guarantee that this is a team the Mark Few doesn't want to see in his part of the bracket)

Baylor and Gonzaga have played on another level. Still think that they are a handful of teams that could beat either one on the right night:

- Illinois (two NBA players; solid from 3)
- Houston (under the radar, but they get after it defensively, and can explode on O)
- Bama (shoot 40% from 3, and super deep; Oats is bigtime)
- FSU (their roster is ridiculous; size; depth; scary from 3; guarantee that this is a team the Mark Few doesn't want to see in his part of the bracket)

How the heck did they lose to ECU the other day? That's ECU's only win in calendar year 2021 (and Houston's only loss in 2021).

How the heck did they lose to ECU the other day? That's ECU's only win in calendar year 2021 (and Houston's only loss in 2021).

Yeah, that was an insane "on any given night" type of result. ECU has one win since December 22: #6 Houston on February 3. ECU is a poor 3 point shooting team, but that night they shot 45% from 3, and Jayden Gardner can score against anyone.

Some of these are hilarious...

Jeff Battle acted as head coach for Providence today and led them to a win over DePaul

Christian fired at BC and they are taking a ton of shit for the timing.

Not sure who they’ll hire... Probably not a big name. Rick Pitino would probably be all over it, but I highly doubt that happens.

Christian fired at BC and they are taking a ton of shit for the timing.

Not sure who they’ll hire... Probably not a big name. Rick Pitino would probably be all over it, but I highly doubt that happens.

One would think that with all the starts and stops and reschedules and Covid pauses that BC would have waited until the end of the season. Nobody had a normal preseason or season. That hurt some teams more than others. I would have expected them to wait until BC played its final game this season.

Only way this makes sense is if the interim, Scott Spinelli, is being evaluated for the job.

Although I rarely support in-season college firings (for not winning enough), I'm not sure they could hide a search at this point in time. If they had already decided, it might be a very good time to judge interest.

The Noles have the talent to play with anyone. They have had multiple games where they have completely out-classed good teams.

Back