• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

I guess it's not 100% who we play next week... Probably Pitt, but maybe ND.

Either way, that is a winnable game if the team plays well. Would prefer not to lay another ACC Tourney egg, if possible.

Either way, that is a winnable game if the team plays well. Would prefer not to lay another ACC Tourney egg, if possible.

Lol. You must be new around these parts.

yeah, either BC or Miami (assuming they play) will leapfrog WF unless we somehow beat GT

setting up another SHOWDOWN with Pitt

Realize I probably need to step away and seek assistance, but I have a tingle that WF will play well (playing well for WF at this point means, not embarrassing itself) in the ACC tournament. So, I am with ATS that WF could actually beat another crappy ACC team in its first tournament game.

My biggest problem is how many games we don't finish. I understand talent advantages will wear you down, but effort seems to be lacking at the end of games. That's on the players and coach.

My biggest problem is how many games we don't finish. I understand talent advantages will wear you down, but effort seems to be lacking at the end of games. That's on the players and coach.

Realize I'm walking headfirst into something I'll regret, but isn't everything on the players and coach? Who else would it be on?

Realize I probably need to step away and seek assistance, but I have a tingle that WF will play well (playing well for WF at this point means, not embarrassing itself) in the ACC tournament. So, I am with ATS that WF could actually beat another crappy ACC team in its first tournament game.

Yeah, we are gluttons for punishment.

I'd like our chances against Pitt on a neutral floor.

Would take another game against them all day instead of a game against ND. Even though ND is struggling, they just beat us up in the first matchup. I don't know why that would change.

For those that that want additional fodder about how the ACC blows this year, the ACC has had at least one #1 NCAA Tourney seed every year, but one since 2003 (that is 16 NCAA tournaments). During that span, the one year the ACC failed to supply at least number one #1 seed was 2013, when Duke was a #2 seed. Doesn't look like the ACC will have either a #1 or a #2 seed this year, the last time that happened was 2003 when Duke a #3 seed. If the ACC doesn't have even a #3 seed this year (which is a possibility, but FSU could jump up the seeding ladder to as high as a #2 seed depending on the outcome of the ACC Tourney), not sure when the last time that happened, but it was before 1995.

Realize I'm walking headfirst into something I'll regret, but isn't everything on the players and coach? Who else would it be on?

Come on. you get it...it's not just on the players...and the coach is supposed to come up with a way to fix some of it.

You don't need a foxhole in which to hide. :)

I wonder how low Zag will open in The Dance. Anything above 3-1 might be a gift.

I noticed the Baylor players were jacked, physically strong.

Like Clemson when Rick Barnes arrived.

That seems to work, especially defensively.

I don’t consider our currently players to possess that identity.

Also, can’t wait for another game with Pitt, our natural rival. Or is that Ga. Tech?

For those that that want additional fodder about how the ACC blows this year, the ACC has had at least one #1 NCAA Tourney seed every year, but one since 2003 (that is 16 NCAA tournaments). During that span, the one year the ACC failed to supply at least number one #1 seed was 2013, when Duke was a #2 seed. Doesn't look like the ACC will have either a #1 or a #2 seed this year, the last time that happened was 2003 when Duke a #3 seed. If the ACC doesn't have even a #3 seed this year (which is a possibility, but FSU could jump up the seeding ladder to as high as a #2 seed depending on the outcome of the ACC Tourney), not sure when the last time that happened, but it was before 1995.

I thought I had detected the bat signal. Thanks for thinking of me.

Now you have to wonder who is messing with us. Now we get to play ND instead of Pitt.

At least there is a clear reason to pick a side in the mega dook unc game. Not only would dook be off the bubble they would get to play on Tuesday like us. And have to win 5 games to win the ACC.

ESPN has Duke in the "First Four Out". How is Duke even worthy of mention this year? Does ESPN not even care about their credibility anymore?

This rivalry NEVER disappoints no matter the standings. Ha ha ha

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team work another team more in 40 seconds of garbage time. Big alley oop and a massive block.

Notre Dame picked a hell of a time to come out of their funk.

I liked our chances against PITT a lot more.

Back