• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

Right. Because we know that 18 to 22 year-olds with tons of free time on their hands for 2 plus months won't interact with any other human beings other than their teammates and coaches.

We shall see, won't we?

With the cancellations on one hand and positive vaccine news on the other, it makes way too much sense to just pause until early March. Even if 18-22 year olds don’t have the vaccine yet, at least community spread will have reduced significantly.

With the cancellations on one hand and positive vaccine news on the other, it makes way too much sense to just pause until early March. Even if 18-22 year olds don’t have the vaccine yet, at least community spread will have reduced significantly.

Pfizer told US gov that they would have nothing beyond the first 100 million doses until July. All other production has been purchased by others.

Pfizer told US gov that they would have nothing beyond the first 100 million doses until July. All other production has been purchased by others.

Per Motley Fool: 6 Companies Racing to Mass-Produce a Coronavirus Vaccine … www.fool.com › investing › 2020/09/09 › 6-companies... Pfizer, Moderna & AstraZeneca already ready to go

Sep 9, 2020 — 6 Companies Racing to Mass-Produce a Coronavirus Vaccine in 2021 · 1. Novavax · 2. AstraZeneca · 3. Johnson & Johnson · 4. Sanofi and GSK 5. Moderna 6 Pfizer

Drug Company or Companies----"Operation Warp Speed" Contract----Price per Dose----Manufacturing Capacity

Novavax 100 million doses for $1.6 billion $16 2.75 billion
AstraZeneca 300 million doses for $1.2 billion $4 2 billion to 3 billion
Johnson & Johnson 100 million doses for $1 billion $10 Over 1 billion
Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline 100 million doses for $2.1 billion $21 Up to 1 billion
Moderna 100 million doses for $1.5 billion $15 500 million to 1 billion
Pfizer, BioNTech 100 million doses for $1.95 billion $19.50 Hundreds of millions

BC is playing in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge and we aren’t. That is sobering.

BC is playing in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge and we aren’t. That is sobering.

BC finished ahead of WF in the ACC last year. UNC, Pitt and WF finished last. Pitt sat out more recently than WF, and ESPN wants UNC in. The good news is that WF couldn’t have played this year anyway

Iowa leads UNC 43-31 at the half. 33 of Iowa’s points are on 3s

BC finished ahead of WF in the ACC last year. UNC, Pitt and WF finished last. Pitt sat out more recently than WF, and ESPN wants UNC in. The good news is that WF couldn’t have played this year anyway

Forgot about UNC finishing last. That was fun.

Damn, looks like Ayo definitely made the best choice for his basketball career, even if those Illinois fans were insufferable.

So the ACC is pretty bad huh? I guess the best team is FSU by far at this point right?

So the ACC is pretty bad huh? I guess the best team is FSU by far at this point right?

This. With the ACC being down, and covid cancelling so many games, I'm the least enthused I've ever been about college hoops. ACC got dominated.

So now K wants not play the season? Nice timing.

Would rather hear it from someone else. K is the same guy that punted on his team in 1996 when his team was headed for Duke's worst team in decades; what coincidence that he couldn't coach when his team was terrible. Now that Duke is 2-2 and staring at a mediocre season, he thinks its time to pause after getting worked at home by Illinois? Taking that position would be more effective if his team was kicking ass, but they suck, and K now thinks its the time to stop. Is he going to try get the home losses to Illinois and MSU wiped off his record too?

Understand there are issues surrounding trying to play sports in the current environment, but hearing it from him after it looks like Duke may be middle rung ACC team means nothing. Something tells me that if COVID was surging, but Duke's roster was brimming with Zion, Barrett, Reddish and Jones, K would be claiming how important playing basketball is to provide a distraction for the country.

So now K wants not play the season? Nice timing.

Would rather hear it from someone else. K is the same guy that punted on his team in 1996 when his team was headed for Duke's worst team in decades; what coincidence that he couldn't coach when his team was terrible. Now that Duke is 2-2 and staring at a mediocre season, he thinks its time to pause after getting worked at home by Illinois? Taking that position would be more effective if his team was kicking ass, but they suck, and K now thinks its the time to stop. Is he going to try get the home losses to Illinois and MSU wiped off his record too?

Understand there are issues surrounding trying to play sports in the current environment, but hearing it from him after it looks like Duke may be middle rung ACC team means nothing. Something tells me that if COVID was surging, but Duke's roster was brimming with Zion, Barrett, Reddish and Jones, K would be claiming how important playing basketball is to provide a distraction for the country.

I tend to agree with you...

Curious how this would work...So the majority of our team has COVID based on everything I'm reading. Let's say we get back on the court the first week of January and strive to finish out the season...

OK, so let's say 2 guys come down with COVID in January and have been practicing with the rest of the guys who have already had it...Does our team have to follow contact tracing guidelines at that point or since only 2 guys have it and the rest of the guys already had it, are we clear to move forward? Would be test for antibodies after it runs it's course on our guys?

My God Maryland is down 38-15 at halftime to Clemson. That is brutal.

My God Maryland is down 38-15 at halftime to Clemson. That is brutal.

Clemson is good this year. Brownell has a clue, but they are tough to watch.

Up to 59 players in the portal already, although many are from the Ivy League. With kids getting the extra year of eligibility without being a grad transfer, will last year's number of 1009 be reached? Stay tuned.

Back