• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

The #4 recruit in the nation, Pat Baldwin, elected to sign with Milwaukee over Duke and a host of others. Baldwin's dad is the coach for Milwaukee. Even so, a lot of recruiting pundits expected Baldwin to select Duke to fill out a completely loaded Blue Devil recruiting class (Duke had already signed the #3, the #13 and #20 rated players in the class of 2021.

The #4 recruit in the nation, Pat Baldwin, elected to sign with Milwaukee over Duke and a host of others. Baldwin's dad is the coach for Milwaukee. Even so, a lot of recruiting pundits expected Baldwin to select Duke to fill out a completely loaded Blue Devil recruiting class (Duke had already signed the #3, the #13 and #20 rated players in the class of 2021.

I love it. Anything to keep top talent from Dook.

I had no idea. This is crazy. His dad was on my little league team and could pitch, switch hit, etc. He was throwing faster than anybody at that age and hitting the ball further and well over the fence from either side of the plate. He used to terrify opposing hitters because, while he could throw heat, he wasn't always accurate. He'd terrify opposing pitchers because he was going to hit it somewhere hard. It was no surprise to me that he made a career out of athletics, but didn't expect it to be in hoops and as a coach.

His son looks a lot more like his brother than himself. Pat was always a nice kid and so was his older brother Dwayne. Pat was built like a bull though, while his big brother (only one grade apart as I recall) was skinny.

Small world. Pat Baldwin (the father) was a great player on bad teams at Northwestern in the 90s. Pat Baldwin was an assistant coach at NW under Chris Collins when Milwaukee hired him 2017. Baldwin's record as Milwaukee HC has been spotty (losing record each year), the potential for Milwaukee to have their first lottery pick in school history likely saved Dad's job.

maxresdefault.jpg

WTF is up with Sports Illustrated? They do a commemorative issue every time there's a champ, but nothing for Baylor yet. I want to get it and frame it for my wife (Baylor alumna), and have the frame already. But nothing. I look for their commemorative issues online every few days and they finally added a new one the other day...for the 25th anniversary of the WNBA. Seriously?

WTF is up with Sports Illustrated? They do a commemorative issue every time there's a champ, but nothing for Baylor yet. I want to get it and frame it for my wife (Baylor alumna), and have the frame already. But nothing. I look for their commemorative issues online every few days and they finally added a new one the other day...for the 25th anniversary of the WNBA. Seriously?

Sports Illustrated is a private equity owned zombie brand at this point.

Gonzaga will be unbeaten or have one loss heading into the tournament, will be ranked #1 for all or almost all of the season, and once again, their season will come down to whether or not they win 6 NCAA Tourney games.

Drew Timme going back to Gonzaga for another season.

He needs to. Honestly, he could end up being a 4 year guy. His family doesn't need the money. My guess is he beefs up in the offseason and tries to graduate in 3 years.

Just read in today's paper that Fletcher Arritt died yesterday at 79 after an illness. He coached nearby FUMA hoops for 42 years and also taught bio there. I went to watch a few games when they had Taron Downey his senior year. His teams played solid fundamental ball, as opposed to say Hargrave at the time, who just liked to press and run. I'd be willing to bet Downey would give him some credit for Taron's ability to step in at the point as a freshman and play well right away.

Looks like Jahcobi Neath is transferring into a great situation at Wisconsin.

I mean they are desperate and almost all their players left due to the head coach. Cool.

Yeah, the articles I've read on that Wisconsin basketball meeting paint an unflattering picture of where that program is right now. No major issues... Just a poor relationship between coach and players.

That Neath ultimately landed there makes more sense with that context.

Would love to hear a similar recording from a meeting w/ Wake Forest players and either [Redacted] or Manning.

Back