• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

Kentucky getting trounced on national TV by Notre Dame, who has a losing record themselves. 31-9. Sarr has 6 of those 9.

UF media folks tweeting that he is in critical but stable condition.

That’s good to hear. Very scary and sobering. These incidents largely seem to be heart related. Hoping for the best for him.

48-28 Notre Dame over Kentucky early second half. Yikes.

Kentucky comeback. Sarr misses potential game winner at the buzzer.

UK really needed Sarr this year.

Syracuse beating BC 74-37 right now.

If you're K at Duke, you can recruit the best players in the country. Why use the Nova model if you don't have to?

why if you don't have to is the question? You invest alot of time and money recruiting a guy to stay one year? I realize it is all about the winning but I also think it is best for the fan base and the athletes if they stay 3-4 years. I think they are just as successful if they don't consistently go after the one and dones. Not sure what minimum academic requirements the Duke guys need to meet but I would guess they have dropped over the past several years.

Richard Washington averaging 27.5 pts per game (2 games, but still)

We all knew that most of the guys Manning brought in were developmental projects. Some of the concerns were whether they would stay long enough to develop and whether he (and his staff) were the people to aid that development. Very few stayed long enough to see much development

We all knew that most of the guys Manning brought in were developmental projects. Some of the concerns were whether they would stay long enough to develop and whether he (and his staff) were the people to aid that development. Very few stayed long enough to see much development

Right, but I simply thought that Washington was a legit player who reminded me a little of CJ Harris only taller. Because he was a low 3star recruit, most disagreed.

Right, but I simply thought that Washington was a legit player who reminded me a little of CJ Harris only taller. Because he was a low 3star recruit, most disagreed.

He played so little, we only saw flashes. Always hard to tell whether the flashes will be come a steady glow of competence or more, or remain just occasional flashes.

Anyone see the unc-NCCU game? Final was 73-67 unc but they would have lost if the refs hadn't been in the tank for them, they shot 31 free throws while NCCU only shot 8, how is this possible?

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Seems Like A Disaster Waiting To Happen

Are you not familiar with UNC basketball? We all knew how that was going to turn out.

That’s good to hear. Very scary and sobering. These incidents largely seem to be heart related. Hoping for the best for him.

Praying for full recovery for young man. Doesn’t sound like he had any preexisting condition, but did have COVID this past summer. If they find out he had myocarditis then it is time to shut down bball. No way I would be playing especially if a possible pro career in balance with vaccine a few months away.

Praying for full recovery for young man. Doesn’t sound like he had any preexisting condition, but did have COVID this past summer. If they find out he had myocarditis then it is time to shut down bball. No way I would be playing especially if a possible pro career in balance with vaccine a few months away.

Yeah this will be telling. Honestly, they should shut it down until they have more info on this situation.

That's really scary. So many unknowns. We shouldn't be playing sports right now.

Back