• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Fantasy League, Need 0 for 16 team league

jaybone

Reaction score
I am losing two this year in my 16-team NBA Fanatsy League. Usually the entrance fee is $100 with $1,600 in payouts, but this year with the shortened season AND the fact that last year, my league voted to roll over $400 +, the entrance fee is going to be between $75 and $85 and the payouts will be most likely a little over $1,600. The final tally hasn't quite been established.

This is a fairly competitive league and stable. No ringers per se (people who have 3 to 5+ pay-in leagues per year), but we are all fairly knowledgeable.

The draft is scheduled for Monday December 21st and the season starts a day or two after that. I think there are two weeks of preseason, so there will be a few preseason games to see teams before the draft.

Send me a Personal Note with your email address and I will invite you.

No palma.

Last edited:
BUMP. Looking for two new (or returning!) owners this year. The entrance fee this year is going to be $88 for NEW owners.

Payouts for the year total $1,740. The 14 returning owners will pay $82 and add $1,148 to the pot. The two NEW owners (2) will owe $88 ($176 total). The reason it is more than existing owners is that we rolled over $415 dollars last year when the season was cut short - that was a decision we took collectively by vote. New owners are getting a pretty good deal - $88 buy in for payouts that average $109 per owner.

The added payouts are all going to all be in the weekly winner pool. Usually, there are 20 weeks and the take is $10 ($200). This year, there are only 17 weeks to the regular season, but I am going to double the weekly winner take to $20.

Hope that all makes sense! This is always in the Commissioner's Note, which is accessible on the League page. The full breakout is:

Payouts for the 2020/2021 season:

$340 in weekly payouts** ($20 a week/17 weeks to the season); you need to have accessed and rotated your team at least 5 days prior to the beginning of the week or during the week to receive payout; otherwise the weekly payout will go to the next highest owner) If there is an owner or owners who win the week 9-0, they automatically win or split the pot superseding the weekly winner

$25 to mid-season (end of week 8) 2nd place
$50 to mid-season 1st place
$25 to 3rd place
$75 to 2nd place
$125 to 1st place
$50 to best record last 9 weeks
$75 to consolation bracket winner
$75 to 6th place playoff
$100 to 5th place playoff
$125 to 4th place playoff
$150 to 3rd place playoff
$200 to 2nd place playoff
$325 to playoff winner

Send me a note if you are interested. First come first serve as to the two new owners. The draft is scheduled for Monday, December 21st at 9pm. I believe they are scheduling a few preseason games per team, so the draft is two days before the first regular season game. We are going to keep 3 IR spots this year in hopes it will help cover COVID absences. I honestly have no idea how well Yahoo is going to cover that. If they don't allow COVID absences to go to IR, then I will add two bench spots.

Hit me with any questions. Thanks to Palma, all new owners must pay fully in prior to the scheduled draft. Yahoo will generate the random draft order after everyone is fully paid in. If that happens a few days or more before our draft, it gives owners time to trade draft spots (possible). That can be kind of fun. I believe two years ago I traded down in the 1st rd in exchange for a better 2nd and 4th rd spot.

I haven't done Fantasy NBA since I was in your league probably 10 years ago. What's the roster format?

I haven't done Fantasy NBA since I was in your league probably 10 years ago. What's the roster format?

Same as waaaay back then (pre-kids):

PG
SG
G
SF
PF
F
C
C
Util
Util
Bench
Bench
Bench
IR
IR (Bench if out-COVID does not allow transfer to IR)
IR (Bench if out-COVID does not allow transfer to IR)

16 teams is a lot esp when drafting. The 1st couple teams drafting will have a substantial advantage over the last couple ones even with a snake draft. The value from 1 to 16 drops around 50%. The value from 17-32 only drops 25%.

16 teams is a lot esp when drafting. The 1st couple teams drafting will have a substantial advantage over the last couple ones even with a snake draft. The value from 1 to 16 drops around 50%. The value from 17-32 only drops 25%.

Disagree. I always like to get in there at about 5 to 7.

Right now, we have the full 16. Will repost if any more openings occur.

But still, a fair point. It definitely sucks to be 15 or 16th. I've pulled the short straw a few times. It is why the money has to be paid by all members up front and then I let yahoo randomly choose the draft order.

Back