• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Joins ESPN

I, for one, cannot wait to hear him talk about paint touches and making shots on a national platform.

tenor.gif

good luck to Danny in his new role- I don't wish him ill will, I'm just so fucking glad we have moved on to Steve Forbes. Hard to imagine that Manning will bring much excitement to the broadcast booth, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'd heard some random talk that he could be the interim head at Wichita State. I spit out my coffee.

I'd heard some random talk that he could be the interim head at Wichita State. I spit out my coffee.

In his defense he did spend 5 years nearly maintaining the status quo he was given until our savior forbes showed up. Maybe that's all they would want.

Play by Play Guy: "Well, Danny what were your thoughts on the 1st half tonight."

Danny: "Um (Pause), well Podunk State really needs to get more paint touches and get to the foul line in the 2nd half to be successful I think."

Play by Play Guy: "But they don't have anybody over 6'4" and they've gone 15 for 30 behind the arc and they lead by 20????????"

Cant think of a more boring choice. ESPN must use the Ron Wellman style of interviewing, which means they dont talk to the guy or ask any probing questions.

Cant think of a more boring choice. ESPN must use the Ron Wellman style of interviewing, which means they dont talk to the guy or ask any probing questions.

Yeah, their checklist only has one requirement, was the interviewee a former great player?

Back