• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diego Maradona died

One of the biggest sports stars of the 20th century. A shame he never took care of himself but I suppose his life reflected his playing style, or maybe the other way around.

Edit: thinking about it, he was probably on the level of Ali and Pele in terms of being recognized. Not sure if Jordan made that level as well?

Last edited:
Awaiting elegy from DeacMan.

1606348941_133804_1606349414_album_grande.jpg

Full speed, three touches in the space of six yards to beat the goalie and two defenders.

Refs were just a wee bit less protective of stars back in the day.

Lineker has his say.

The type of thing Lineker was referring to is at around 4:18 in this one.

Zidane tries to repeat what he saw on film.

1986 World Cup, a tournament he should have missed to have knee surgery. Greatest performance in the history of the event.

Nothing more to say. Messi has said he could play a million years and never match him.

Last edited:
The Hand of God is still one of the worst things that has ever happened in football history.

The Hand of God is still one of the worst things that has ever happened in football history.

Also, anyone wanting to watch a great documentary should check out the 2019 film, Diego Maradona from HBO. Sure you can find it elsewhere too. Same guy who directed Amy and Senna made this one. Think Senna is better, but it's still a great watch.

I never was a Maradona fan, even though I've always liked Argentina and especially Messi. I also remember getting in an argument back in like the late 1990s with Deacman over Germany's Oliver Kahn. Deacman, weren't you a Germany fan?

Lemme clarify. Maradona was great to watch on the pitch, but he came across as a jerk off it. Messi seems okay off the pitch and has been poetry in motion to watch at Barca.

Ha, so his politics or his partying?

Was it the W war criminal shirt he wore?

Lemme clarify. Maradona was great to watch on the pitch, but he came across as a jerk off it. Messi seems okay off the pitch and has been poetry in motion to watch at Barca.

Maradona is 100x more of human being than Messi. Messi hides in the Barca burbs, cheats the troubled Spanish government out of tens of millions in taxes, and has the personality of a spoiled child.

I'll never understand the people the prefer aloof robotic celebrities, over those who have flawed but kind hearted.

As DeacMan said the HBO documentary is excellent and does an amazing job of detailing his insane life in Naples. It is a much watch. For all of his demons Maradona was a good person, who took care of so many others.

Addendum: Cville this is not an attack on you, I just hate this narrative.

Last edited:
Back