• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diego Maradona died

Ha, so his politics or his partying?

Was it the W war criminal shirt he wore?

The latter. I haven't seen the documentary. He just came across as a wild man. I'm also more of a casual soccer fan and don't follow as much as guys like Deacman and DV7. I wasn't aware of his politics until reading the obits.

I thought you said Inigo Montoya.

As in "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Last edited:
Maradona is 100x more of human being than Messi. Messi hides in the Barca burbs, cheats the troubled Spanish government out of tens of millions in taxes, and has the personality of a spoiled child.

I'll never understand the people the prefer aloof robotic celebrities, over those who have flawed but kind hearted.

As DeacMan said the HBO documentary is excellent and does an amazing job of detailing his insane life in Naples. It is a much watch. For all of his demons Maradona was a good person, who took care of so many others.

Addendum: Cville this is not an attack on you, I just hate this narrative.

I don't question Messi's heart. He has done a lot for charity around the world. If his personality is one to avoid the lime light, that's fine by me.

But yes, that documentary is pretty incredible. The 80's were just a different time in terms of the madness that would drift towards the most iconic. Think about how the day he signed for Napoli the stadium was filled to the rafters to greet him after he put pen to paper. There was no game that day and 70,000 people showed up.

Last edited:
Maradona is 100x more of human being than Messi. Messi hides in the Barca burbs, cheats the troubled Spanish government out of tens of millions in taxes, and has the personality of a spoiled child.

I'll never understand the people the prefer aloof robotic celebrities, over those who have flawed but kind hearted.

As DeacMan said the HBO documentary is excellent and does an amazing job of detailing his insane life in Naples. It is a much watch. For all of his demons Maradona was a good person, who took care of so many others.

Addendum: Cville this is not an attack on you, I just hate this narrative.

I mean, you can't bring up Messi's issues with cheating the Spanish government and not mention Maradona doing exactly the same in Italy. I have no idea the character of either of them - they both have their faults but nearly anyone in a public eye their entire life will to some degree.

It only just struck me as I was weaving through these here interwebs that the two finest footballers of all time, George Best and Diego Maradona, died on the exact same date. November 25th.

Back