• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Longwood Lancers, 7 pm Friday November 27 - ACCN

The #6 recruiting class in the ACC is still pretty great, especially for us right now.

The class won't finish #6. It will probably finish 9th or 10th. I think it's a pretty solid start, but we're going to have to do a lot better in the future.

This is a game we lose with Manning coaching. Wouldn’t get enough stops, Manning would make panicked substitutions with weird lineups, and offense would revert to iso ball with poor shot selection.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

If they start fining coaches for improper mask wearage we’re gonna have to take out a second mortgage on the Shah Center.

Should be able to bet over/under on number ofttimes for mask contamination

Our lack of inside game is not good. Have never been big fans of Massoud and Neath but that could be Manning related.
I do like Forbes and the intensity we play with now

Mucius and Massoud have to step up. Mucius especially looked awful offensively

So weird how we’ve gotten basically nothing from the two guys we expected to carry us this year. Everyone else, on the other hand, pretty much contributing more than expected across the board.

We lack size and overall quickness but we got grit and a coach who has some passion so I'm pleased with the first 2 games. The effort is there and so is the accountability.

It was ugly. It was a win. Defense won this game by holding Longwood to 60 points, 26 in the second half. Pressure D created 24 Longwood turnovers and resulted in a ten point edge in points off turnovers. Rebounding was lousy. Offense sputtered much of the game. Antonio and DuBose came up big offensively late, when it counted. This was a game that would have been lost the past ten years.

When is the last time we were tied/losing at half and won by double digits? I wonder if that happened a single time under Danny

Ugly but I'll take it. You need these kinds of games to test you early and to build offensive chemistry that we clearly do not have at the moment. As others have said, the defensive effort was there yet again.

I'm a bit concerned that through 2 games, our best players appear to be transfers. Coolio and DuBose are solid, and Antonio has been hitting the big shots when we need them. Not sure if that says something about our recruiting under Manning, our development under Manning, or both.

We will be easy to defend against teams with athletes. I don't expect us to beat the top teams, and we may not even give them much of a fight on the scoreboard, but we will give them a bit of one because of how we get hands in passing lanes and generally pester people with the ball. Of course, we will also get bowled over by the top teams because they have both height and size and we have way too many lanky dudes. If we get the offense and the spacing necessary to run it down a bit more smoothly about a third of the way through ACC play, we could finish ok. No way we get it down by the time ACC play starts, though.

Ugly but I'll take it. You need these kinds of games to test you early and to build offensive chemistry that we clearly do not have at the moment. As others have said, the defensive effort was there yet again.

I'm a bit concerned that through 2 games, our best players appear to be transfers. Coolio and DuBose are solid, and Antonio has been hitting the big shots when we need them. Not sure if that says something about our recruiting under Manning, our development under Manning, or both.

We will be easy to defend against teams with athletes. I don't expect us to beat the top teams, and we may not even give them much of a fight on the scoreboard, but we will give them a bit of one because of how we get hands in passing lanes and generally pester people with the ball. Of course, we will also get bowled over by the top teams because they have both height and size and we have way too many lanky dudes. If we get the offense and the spacing necessary to run it down a bit more smoothly about a third of the way through ACC play, we could finish ok. No way we get it down by the time ACC play starts, though.

Why do we care about what anything says about Manning?

Our best defensive players last year were Chaundee (the only guy who gave great effort) and Sarr (good rebounder and shot blocker). I’ve been impressed with the defensive effort of the entire team this year, but particularly from DuBose, Antonio, and Wilkins, since they were not known as good defensive players.

So weird how we’ve gotten basically nothing from the two guys we expected to carry us this year. Everyone else, on the other hand, pretty much contributing more than expected across the board.

The Manning factor.

We lack ACC talent overall - can’t rebound and don’t have anyone who can consistently breakdown a defense and score and:eek:r create shots for others. But Forbes can coach, this team plays hard defensively and is well coached defensively, and has some dudes who can shoot. If we shoot well we can give some teams some problems. If we don’t shoot well we’ve got no shot against upper half ACC teams

We lack ACC talent overall - can’t rebound and don’t have anyone who can consistently breakdown a defense and score and:eek:r create shots for others. But Forbes can coach, this team plays hard defensively and is well coached defensively, and has some dudes who can shoot. If we shoot well we can give some teams some problems. If we don’t shoot well we’ve got no shot against upper half ACC teams

Which we knew. Ody and Tariq will be serviceable in the post and others can then have slightly better matchups. Love what the new guys are buying into.

I really like Tariq's offensive game but I am worried about his rebounding....25 minutes over two games and 0 defensive rebounds.

Our best line up right now is Neath, Dubose, Antonio, Jalen and Tariq. Daivien and Wilkins are playing solid as well. Mucius and Massoud are trying too hard and forcing things and look lost. The defensive effort and intensity of this team is there.

We have had more hands in passing lanes in two games under Coach Forbes than we did in the entirety of Danny’s tenure. We clearly don’t have top level ACC talent, but I am digging the effort. The guys are playing hard and buying in, which is the biggest thing I wanted to see.

Back