• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Longwood Lancers, 7 pm Friday November 27 - ACCN

Why? Why not play one of the many D1 programs in this state, like Elon, App, ECU, Gardner Webb, or Campbell. Surely one of those teams could use a game. I hate playing a D2 school.

For the most part I agree with this, but I think Forbes is viewing our out of conference as an exhibition season to an extent. Well, he at least knows his team needs to rack up all of the wins and confidence it can before the real games start. He would never admit any of this and maybe I'm way off, but IMO he's gotta be viewing these first handful of games as glorified scrimmages, since we didn't get our normal preseason.

Now, to your point, I imagine ECU or the others you mentioned would be much bigger tests for our guys, so the other part of me wonders why he wouldn't want to take advantage of a possible better "measuring stick" for where we are at.

I suspect Forbes was trying to play the guys he thinks will be his crunch time guys against Longwood. He doesn't know who those guys are yet. Apparently, at this point in this season, Adams isn't one of them.

Seemed odd he would play a minute in the first half and then sit the rest of the game, was hoping it wasn't an injury. Also hoping he didn't do anything in that minute to get in Forbes' doghouse, Forbes doesn't strike me as that kind of coach.

Apparently, WF has had a tough time finding opponents. With the current situation, it must be a lot more difficult than making a phone call and setting a date. With that said, there appear to be a ton of relatively close D1 schools (within a bus ride) that don't have full schedule of 27 game yet. Among them:

- NC A & T: 21 games
- High Point: 24 games
- Elon: 23 games
- Western Carolina: 26 games
- Gardner-Webb: 21 games
- Charlotte: 25 games
- UNCA: 26 games
- UNCW: 24 games
- William and Mary: 23 games
- JMU: 26 games
- USC Upstate: 24 games
- Citadel 21 games
- Wofford: 25 games
- Campbell: 25 games
- Winthrop: 22 games
- NC Central: 20 games
- Chattanooga: 26 games
- UNCG: 24 games
- ECU 25 games
- Furman 24 games
- ODU 25 games
- Charleston Southern: 25 games
- Tennesse Tech: 24 games

Maybe each of those D1 schools and all others balked at playing a road game at WF, but hard to believe the best WF could do, even under the current circumstances, is Catawba.

FWIW, Catawba is 1-1 on the season with a win over Anderson College and 19 point loss to Wingate College. There must be a coaches connection to Catawba because in 2018, Catawba played an exhibition game at Wichita State (who is connected to Forbes as he was an assistant to Gregg Marshall At WSU). FWIW, the game was competitive as Wichita State won by 11 -- 75-64.

Apparently, WF has had a tough time finding opponents. With the current situation, it must be a lot more difficult than making a phone call and setting a date. With that said, there appear to be a ton of relatively close D1 schools (within a bus ride) that don't have full schedule of 27 game yet. Among them:

- NC A & T: 21 games
- High Point: 24 games
- Elon: 23 games
- Western Carolina: 26 games
- Gardner-Webb: 21 games
- Charlotte: 25 games
- UNCA: 26 games
- UNCW: 24 games
- William and Mary: 23 games
- JMU: 26 games
- USC Upstate: 24 games
- Citadel 21 games
- Wofford: 25 games
- Campbell: 25 games
- Winthrop: 22 games
- NC Central: 20 games
- Chattanooga: 26 games
- UNCG: 24 games
- ECU 25 games
- Furman 24 games
- ODU 25 games
- Charleston Southern: 25 games
- Tennesse Tech: 24 games

Maybe each of those D1 schools and all others balked at playing a road game at WF, but hard to believe the best WF could do, even under the current circumstances, is Catawba.

FWIW, Catawba is 1-1 on the season with a win over Anderson College and 19 point loss to Wingate College. There must be a coaches connection to Catawba because in 2018, Catawba played an exhibition game at Wichita State (who is connected to Forbes as he was an assistant to Gregg Marshall At WSU). FWIW, the game was competitive as Wichita State won by 11 -- 75-64.

Is it def going to be Catawba.

What? Our team has COVID?

If football has taught us anything, it is better to get the Rona earlier than later.

We will be peaking just in time for the tournament while all the top teams are sidelined.

Back