• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Game Postponed Again

LilburnDeac

Reaction score
Miami at Wake Forest Football Game Postponed

Story LinksGREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) - The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today that the Miami at Wake Forest football game has been postponed. The game was scheduled to be played on Saturday, December 5.

The postponement follows positive tests, subsequent quarantining, and contact tracing within the Wake Forest football team. The team is adhering to the outlined protocols within the ACC Medical Advisory Group report, which is available on theACC.com (full report).

As was previously announced, the 2020 ACC Football scheduling model includes 11 games (10 conference plus one non-conference), played over at least 13 weeks with each team having two open dates. Through games of Nov. 21, the ACC has played 69 of its 78 scheduled games (88.5 percent). Six of those games have been rescheduled, one non-conference opponent was replaced, one game was canceled and one game was postponed. There have been several changes to the last four weeks of the schedule that can be found on theACC.com.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I think that should about do it. Let's regroup and get ready for the 2021 season.

Agreed, pack it in. Hate to end with that UNC loss, but them's the breaks.

The very last quote is interesting. They don’t lose this year of eligibility so I’m a little surprised to read that. No one will be done with football (either NFL or college) unless it’s completely their choice.

It's still going to be a mutual decision to an extent, though. Players have to decide if they want to stay for another year. Clawson and staff have to decide if they want them to return, which isn't always a given. And while there isn't a scholarship limit set by the NCAA for next season, the school still has to come up with extra scholarship money for x-number of players who return (or have them pay their own ways).

Kind of seems more and more like the "which seniors will return next year?" question this year closely resembles the "which fourth-year juniors will return?" question that pops up every Senior Day.

I don’t know the budget situation at Wake but if it’s like other campuses, it would be a bad look to pay for 15-20 extra scholarships for football while cutting or gutting programs and firing faculty and staff.

I don’t know the budget situation at Wake but if it’s like other campuses, it would be a bad look to pay for 15-20 extra scholarships for football while cutting or gutting programs and firing faculty and staff.

Except at Wake, athletics and academics are separately financed and managed. TV revenue from sports isn't being used to pay faculty salaries in the college.

I think our season is over.

I don't think so. Players and coaches will work this out, play a few more regular season games, and, with some luck and good fortune, get a bowl invitation.

For recruiting, reputation building and team development, Clawson, coaches and players want to keep the bowl streak going if there is any reasonable way to do so.

Any chance that the rule a football scholarship must be a full scholarship be relaxed for a year? Having some partials for a year, like some sports, baseball exp., would help get over this situation.

It's still going to be a mutual decision to an extent, though. Players have to decide if they want to stay for another year. Clawson and staff have to decide if they want them to return, which isn't always a given. And while there isn't a scholarship limit set by the NCAA for next season, the school still has to come up with extra scholarship money for x-number of players who return (or have them pay their own ways).

Kind of seems more and more like the "which seniors will return next year?" question this year closely resembles the "which fourth-year juniors will return?" question that pops up every Senior Day.

Clawson said earlier in the week that he expects more than half of seniors to return next year. We’ll see if that really happens.

Back