• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kendall Hinton NFL Appreciation Thread

Gets mentioned with Ryan Leaf as the last QB to have more interceptions than completions.

Kendall made some errors but it didn't really feel like the staff set him up to succeed (not that it would have mattered). Just leave him in and let him get comfortable. Handoffs, screens, bubbles, keepers. He barely got 4 snaps in a row.

But whatever. Dude got his first NFL completion. Happy for a great Deac!

Hard to blame a defense when the offense can't do anything. Defenses get tired, even the best ones.

LOL. Denver had 6 first downs, 3 points and 112 yards of total offense....and we have a poster complaining about their defense.

I agree. They made a decision to just get through it. Almost every play Hinton had was a 3rd and mid or long. Most of the passes were 10+ yards. Hopefully he impressed the staff enough to stay on the practice squad and have a shot at making the roster next year.

Really bad offensive plan. Did nothing to help the kid. In and out. Just let him run the wildcat. Go somewhere other than up the middle. Elway led Broncos are just bad

Hinton made the Bronco’s office happy today. He got thru the game, No one got hurt. He took one for the team. May give him an extra look next season

They aren't going to give him an extra look as a QB. C'mon. No, he wasn't put in a position to succeed, but he wasn't going to succeed even if he was. First, because he had limited time to learn any playbook, and second, because he isn't a good QB. With more opportunities today, he would've been 5-20 with 4 INTs instead of 1-9 with 2 INTs.

They aren't going to give him an extra look as a QB. C'mon. No, he wasn't put in a position to succeed, but he wasn't going to succeed even if he was. First, because he had limited time to learn any playbook, and second, because he isn't a good QB. With more opportunities today, he would've been 5-20 with 4 INTs instead of 1-9 with 2 INTs.

You suck, dude.

Game went about as expected. Loved to see Bassey get an interception.

Did anybody say he was going to get an extra look at QB? He’s a WR.

He went out there and was a good sport. Hopefully that will help him succeed going forward.

Did anybody say he was going to get an extra look at QB? He’s a WR.

He went out there and was a good sport. Hopefully that will help him succeed going forward.

This I agree with. The way your post was phrased indicated that his performance today impressed the staff enough to give him a shot next year. Since his performance was at QB, I inferred that to mean a shot at QB. That's obviously not going to happen.

I wish nothing but the best for him, and the best thing about today was he earned an NFL paycheck for one game. I hope he earns some more...as a WR.

Answer - John Elway, Tim Tebow, Kendall Hinton

Question - name 3 guys that have been QBs for the Broncos

Such a trash gameplan from Broncos for Hinton. They utilized none of his strengths. They made the impossible situation even tougher for him.

Hinton battled to the end. Love that guy.

The media was very kind and understanding to Kendall. I agree the game plan was terrible. Even Tebow got a TD off a simple slant due to an over aggressive defense. You'd think the defense would bite extra hard on a play-action pass.

I bet the Broncos will mask up and distance on their next QB meeting. Teams getting fined and losing 7th round draft picks.

Yeah. I thought the media coverage was very forgiving and we got some good press especially after Bassey's pick.

Such a trash gameplan from Broncos for Hinton. They utilized none of his strengths. They made the impossible situation even tougher for him.

Hinton battled to the end. Love that guy.

This is what I don't understand. The guy and the team were in no-win situation, but why not at least put a little thought into what kind of plays would give the guy a chance to be a little successful? Bringing him in only for 3rd and long plays seems like exactly, and I mean precisely, the opposite of that.

He proved his senior year he can really play slot WR.

They should give him a shot there. Love the story about Hinton contacting Dave Clawson and “making him” play special teams. Special teams is how he has hung on thus far.

Not even having time to run reps was just a killer.

Back