• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kendall Hinton NFL Appreciation Thread

I assume this will be the first time Wake has had two QBs on rosters (at the QB position) ever.

First to start since Norm Snead according to Connor.

I saw many a Norm Snead start for the Eagles. Most didn't go well. The Eagles traded Sonny Jurgensen to the Washington Football Team.

Karl Sweetan also played qb in the League about the same time. In the best Wake Forest tradition, Karl allegedly tried to sell his playbook. I imagine George Allen, the Bill Belichek of his time, was a potential buyer.
eor

If he or Schefter says it, it’s generally fact. Except for Bridgewater being active last week.

I don’t understand how this works. Were the QBs not practicing/prepping with linemen, receivers and running backs this week?

I don’t understand how this works. Were the QBs not practicing/prepping with linemen, receivers and running backs this week?

Outside or in a large practice facility. But they may have been in QB meetings inside smaller meeting rooms.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a more pleasant young man to talk with in Wake's program for at least the 3-plus years I've been on the beat. Pulling so damn hard for Kendall tomorrow.

Outside or in a large practice facility. But they may have been in QB meetings inside smaller meeting rooms.

I figure there has to be some kind of film study and/or planning meetings. Plus, outside or not, you’re talking close in huddles a lot.

Is Hinton (and his class I guess) the winningest Deacon of all time? He’s been crucial to Clawson’s legacy.

How crazy. I wish him the best but don't expect much. To his credit, it's a bit unfair to read too much into his college passing numbers. I mean, he wasn't Heisman material or anything behind center, but that 2015 offensive line was almost as bad as the 2014 offensive line, which is the worst I've ever seen in college football.

Of course we shouldn’t expect much from a guy who is going to go from practice squad WR to NFL QB in about 24 hours. But these guys never know how they’re going to get their shot.

This is absolutely bananas. I guess we'll see a lot of handoffs and QB runs. Maybe some basic triple option?

I'll be finding a stream. Can't miss this. Go get em, Kendall!

Kendall Hinton vs. Taysom Hill.

That’s just insane.

First non QB to start at QB in the NFL since the 60’s, is that what Schefter just said?

Back