• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kendall Hinton NFL Appreciation Thread

Yeah. Some RB in 1965. I can't get over the fact that the biggest stories in sports today are Kendall Hinton, the Vandy soccer goalie, and a Buffalo Bulls running back to went for 400+ yards. That's the first 20 minutes of Sportscenter.

All of a sudden, the sports world is scrambling for information we have. All of a sudden all those Wolford vs. Hinton arguments are about two NFL QBs. Do yourself a favor and read the articles out there about him. They're looking for any info.

I can't help laughing.

Last edited:
Yeah. Some RB in 1965. I can't get over the fact that the biggest stories in sports today are Kendall Hinton, the Vandy soccer goalie, and a Buffalo Bulls running back to went for 400+ yards. That's the first 20 minutes of Sportscenter.

All of a sudden, the sports world is scrambling for information we have. All of a sudden all those Wolford vs. Hinton arguments are about two NFL QBs. Do yourself a favor and read the articles out there about him. They're looking for any info.

I can't help laughing.

Gotta be Tom Matte, right? Wristband and all.

Fucking ESPN Fantasy apparently didn't have him in their player pool so he has to go through waivers, so isn't available to play until next week, when I assume the other QBs will be back. Dude is going to get 1 NFL start and can't get in fantasy lineups. I was going to start him over Cam.

We had a starting NFL QB play receiver last year and didn’t even attempt a pass with him

Love, love, love this.

Any idea on how to watch the Broncos game for those who live out of the coverage area?

my fantasy team sucks this year. My boy is in the flex since he is still a WR on yahoo!

Before yesterday he hadn’t practiced throwing in 3 weeks

I'm actually surprised he was practicing throwing that recently.

Obviously the Broncos will go with a revised, truncated playbook to keep things as simple as possible for Kendall. He probably has a good sense of the playbook from being on the practice squad, but it has to be completely different memorizing the routes as a receiver versus memorizing the QB reads and drops.

Of course I'm watching all the pre-game talking head shows this a.m. thru black and gold glasses, but somewhat surprised no one that I've seen has dug out the clip of his game-winning catch vs. Utah State.
And to an earlier post, one of my first thoughts as well after the announcement was of Tom Matte.

Lots of WF highlights & mentions on SportsCenter this morning. Perhaps the PR equivalent of 2 Feinstein articles

would be even more nuts if wolford can get into the game somehow today.

Kind of odd that it has been so long since WF has had QB start a game in the NFL; Norm Sneed last started an NFL game in 1975. With the exception of GT, looks like the longest drought of any team in the conference by far:

UNC: Trubisky
State: Wilson
Duke: Jones
UVA: Schaub
VT: Taylor
Clemson: Watson
FSU: Winston
Miami: Ken Dorsey (it has been a long time for a program with a good QB history)
Pitt: Peterman (not sure that should count)
BC: Ryan
Cuse: McNab (Ryan Nassib was drafted and played but never started)
L'ville: Jackson
ND: Quinn

Last edited:
As one of the leaders of #teamHinton back in the day I assume all you Wofford fans are going to concede when our guy starts his first NFL game at QB today.

Thanks in advance.

NC State has had three QBs since Russell Wilson who have also started NFL games (Mike Glennon, Jacoby Brissett, Ryan Finley). Crazy.

The line moved from Broncos +6 to +16.5. The total dropped to 36. The Broncos team total is 10. The next lowest today is the Jets at 19.5.

Back